Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Burned

The Incident

by cassandra 0 reviews

I hate the start of this chapter. It's so boring. I can't wait until the end of this story. I have it all planned out. I'm so excited, but i still hate this chapter.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-04-21 - Updated: 2007-04-22 - 1350 words

0Unrated
"Get ready to jump you two." Delilah and Julius were in a small aircraft with Al flying. They were just about over their destination. Ice's and Sunshine's newest layer, An old warehouse.

"Okay, Al." Julius turned to Delilah, "Well looks like it's go time."

"Yep, I guess it is." Julius leaned down and kissed Delilah lightly on the cheek. "What was that for?"

"I figured I should steal one before we jumped."

Al tapped Julius on the shoulder and pointed out of the opening, signaling for them to jump. Usually Delilah would be the first to jump, she would always push Julius out of the way so she would be first, but not today. Today Delilah was still thinking about the kiss Julius had just giving her. Even thought it was quick and only on her cheek, it still left her breathless. Julius took this opportunity to be the first jump. He knew it would probably be the first and last time he would get to jump first.

Julius dove out of the plane. He always love the feeling of the wind rushing at him. He loved the sound it made. It wasn't a soft sound like the birds that chirped in the morning to wake him up for a brand new day with his lovely Delilah. It was a sound like the sound cars made. It was a rough sound that gave him the feeling that he could do anything. Adrenalin. Jumping from planes always gave him this feeling, but lucky it never lasted long. Usually it went away even before he landed on the ground. Julius was always grateful that it went away because he always feared that he would something stupid and mess up the mission.

The sight of the warehouse below him made him come out of his thoughts and he released his parachute. The wind was no longer rushing past him. Now it was hovering around him. The adrenalin left him as the ground below him got clearer and clearer. He was surprised that the terrain was bare, without a single tree to hid the dusty ground.

The ground was about two meters from his feet. Julius undid his parachute and tucked and rolled landed perfectly on the ground. He never had to do it but he always did, but now he realized it was more fun when Delilah was already on the ground, watching him.

Thinking about Delilah, he looked up to see her parachute still a ways above him. He already knew what he was going to do when she came down, but right now she was way too far away.

Julius looked at the warehouse, it's wasn't far away, but it's wasn't close either. There were no windows on the two sides that he could see and he guessed that there wasn't any on the two other sides. There was one big, garage size door with a jeep parked in front of it.

Julius looked up again, now Delilah was only about ten meters away. Julius got into position right below her, with his arms out.

Delilah gently floated into his arms. Julius threw a smile at her, then the parachute fall on them.

"Hey you." Julius said still with a smile on his face.

"Hi. Can you let me down now. We have a mission." With one hand Delilah tried to throw the parachute off of them.

"Not yet." Julius watched her straggle with the parachute. Then in one swift move he flung it off of them. Delilah was about to say thanks to him, but he caught her lips with his. Almost as soon as they connected, they parted. "Now." Julius slowly put Delilah on her feet. She stared at his lips. Finally Julius broke the silence. "You think we should get going?"

"Oh, yeah." Delilah looked at the warehouse and began to walk towards it.

Julius followed in her footsteps. "So how are we going to get in?"

"The front door of course. I'm just going to be quite and peck inside and we'll make a plan from there." The door wasn't closed all the way and Delilah peeked threw the crack. Delilah turned back to Julius and told him what she saw. "Sunshine is asleep on a little cot and Ice is reading something, with her back facing the door. I think we can just go in there and get them. I'll get ice in a flash and you can get the sleeping Sunshine. There Easy. We'll be back to the academy before supper. Then we can go out like you told me this morning."

"Are you sure we can just go in there."

"Of course. They don't even now that we're here."

"Okay then, on your move."

Delilah waited for a moment then when ice turned her page, she kicked the door, so it was fully opened. Quickly Delilah and Julius went for their targets. Julius' target was almost twice as far as Delilah's, so she reached hers first. Delilah swung her arm around Ice's neck, into a headlock, but what Delilah didn't expect was to have a gun under her chin or that the paper Ice's was reading was about Delilah and Julius' first mission. "You really think we're that stupid."

Julius turned around when he heard Ice's cold voice. "Don't hurt her!"

Ice was about to say some sort of come back, but her throat wouldn't allow her as Delilah tightened her arm around her neck. Ice tried to gasp for air, but could not. She dropped her paper and clawed at Delilah's arm, but Delilah would not let go. Ice began to get desperate for air. She threw her gun away and tried to pry Delilah's arm off of her throat.

Julius ran to the gun and he threw it out of the warehouse, thinking that now it couldn't be used against them, but he didn't realize that it could help them in the near future.

"Let her go! Now!" It sounded like Ice, but Julius knew that it couldn't be. Delilah had her in a headlock. Then it came to him, Sunshine.

Julius turned around and there stood Sunshine pointing her firegun at Delilah's back. Delilah was slightly shaking and Julius could see that her grip on Ice was getting looser, then she let her go. Julius looked back at Sunshine. He looked at her eyes and could tell that Sunshine was still going to pull the trigger. Julius ran as fast as he could and just as her finger pushed down of the trigger he held his hands over the end of the gun. Julius screamed as the intense heat hit his hands.

If a minute ago someone were to ask him when he had felt the most physical pain in his life, he would have said, when he was kid he had burnt his finger on a stove, but now it would be this moment, by far. That stove incident was like a nice warm bubble bath compared to the pain he felt in his hands now.

Julius had fallen to the ground as soon as the flame had touched his hands. He closed his eyes as he heard the gun fall beside him. Then screaming rung in his ears. It wasn't his. He had stopped as soon as he hit the ground. Sure he felt like screaming, but he just couldn't find the energy. It was Delilah screaming and he knew why.

He could feel the warm liquid coming from his hand at an alarming rate. Soon Delilah stopped screaming and Julius could hear voices. He couldn't tell exactly who they were coming from and they sounded like they were all put together, but he could still heard them. Well sort of. "What do we do!...Al!...Let's get out of here!...We need help, Julius is bleeding, everyway...Run!...It's everywhere...everywhere...Julius don't die, Please...Oh my god there's so much...It's everywhere!" Then he blacked out.

_______________________
My cousin inspired this story because awhile back he got 3rd degree burns on his hands, but he is okay now.
Sign up to rate and review this story