Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Falter

Chapter 12

by hips-n-hearts86 11 reviews

Peyton Clarkson's boyfriend had just signed with one of the biggest recording companies around, and now hes heading out to tour with another major band, Fall Out Boy. What happens when he can't alw...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-05-07 - Updated: 2007-05-08 - 3153 words

5Exciting
ok soooo yeah...and umm..yeah..lol I think this turned out better than what I thought it would..but I'm sure you guys will let me know if its horrible..so umm..yeah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

One week.

Thats how long it had been since Peyton Clarkson had last seen Patrick Stumph.

One LONG week.

That was how long it took her to actually come up with the courage to dump her boyfriend Oliver of two years. Sure she had told Patrick it would of been 'that day', but that said day had come and gone already. She needed to get out of this relationship, fast. It wasn't that she wanted to end it just to be closer to her new interest, but he was one of the many reasons why she craved to be out and single. And she had a plan.

She swore to herself that this was a shoe-in. This plan that she had concocted mere days ago was her key to finding her way out of the mess she had dug herself into. Peyton had called Oliver earlier that day, telling him to meet her in the cafeteria below the stage at noon. This is where she would tell him, this is where she would have Oliver exit her life and make room for possibly someone else.

Sighing heavily she checked her watch for the third time in five minutes. Oliver was late.

Oliver was the one guy that you could always depend on to be on time, but right now he was making a liar out of himself. It was almost twelve fifteen and still no sign of him. 'Come on Oliver, I don't have all day. Ugh! Its Patrick's birthday and I would like to see him SOMETIME today.' Peyton thought as she drummed her fingers rapidly on the table.

The loud banging of the double doors had broken Peyton out of her thoughts of Patrick's soon to be birthday party later on that day. She lifted her gaze from the table and came face to face with a very angry looking Oliver Lemmings. "Shit." she mangaged to mumble under her breath as he made his way over to her, huffing and puffing along the way.

Pulling the chair out roughly, Oliver sat down in front of Peyton, his eyes fierce and livid. "What was so important that you couldn't wait to talk to me later about Peyton? I told you I had to do something important this morning."

Peyton moved away from the table. "Well excuse me for interrupting you life Oliver," she rolled her eyes for effect. "I forgot that the world revolved around you."

She watched as Oliver restained himself and bit his tongue from lashing out at her. "What is it. Make it quick, I still have to take care of something before tonight."

"What's tonight?" Surely he wasn't talking about Patrick's suprise party that Joe and arranged two days ago for him.

"It's nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about Peyton."

"Whatever Oliver." She needed to make this quick and fast. "There is something I have been meaning to talk to you about, and I think you know what it is."

Oliver stared at her, irratation written all over his face. "Get on with it Peyton, I have appointments you know."

"I can't believe you Oliver!" Peyton stood up, her chair flying back and hitting the others behind her. "You know if this was YOU trying to talk to ME it would be a completly different story!"

Oliver's angry glare died down a bit and his eyes began to soothe over into what Peyton had dubbed 'boyfriend' mode. He would only get like this when he would over step his boundaries. "I'm sorry Peyton. Its just that I'm pressed for time and I just have a lot to do. You understand this business."

Peyton grabbed her chair from behind her and pulled it back towards the table. She sat down quietly, playing with her hands in the process.

"I told you playing with your hands isn't very attracitve Peyton." A smile forming on his lips, one she had not seen in quite sometime.

'He's not going to make this easy for me is he?' she questioned herself as she placed her hands in her lap. "Oliver, have you noticed that lately things have been different between us. Not a good different either." She sighed again as she sought the courage she had once had before he came into the room. "I've been thinking.."

Oliver raised his hand to interrupt her. "I have been thinking too. I've been thinking that I don't like how we have become so distance with one another. I miss you Peyton."

Peyton gave him a small smile. "I miss you too sometimes Oliver, but I miss the old Oliver most."

He ran his hands over his face in frustration. "Baby season's change but people don't, I'm the same guy I was two years ago. Your not getting this are you?"

She shook her head at him, confusion plaguing her face. Wasn't this supposed to be her breaking up with him? This was supposed to be her moment to shine. Why were things getting twisted around.

He reached over the table and grabbed Peyton's hands. "I love you, you know that right." Another shake of the head came from her direction. "Marry me." It wasn't even a question coming from him and it was hardly romantic in the least.

Peyton pulled her hands away from him immediatly, one would think that he had burned her with how fast she moved. "No, Oliver! No no no no!"

Oliver stood up. "No?" He was now towering over her, trying his best to intimidate her. "No? There is no 'no' Peyton. There is only a 'yes' when someone asks you that question."

"It wasn't a question Oliver, and it was hardly invited. The answer is no!" She stood up as well now, matching his tone as the courage and anger raced through her veins. "I don't even want to be with you anymore! Your a different person! I'm not stupid Oliver! I know what you have been doing behind my back. First it was my sister, and then when I found your little 'secret' I blew it off, but I can see that it has taken control again and I don't want to be there to pick you up when you get knocked on your ass again! I'm through with you."

Oliver looked taken aback from the sudden outburst of the woman in front of him. Never in his life had he ever seen her get like this. "Peyton..."

"NO! Don't you try to sweet talk Peyton me. I'm done with having the wool over my eyes. I want to live and be happy and you can no longer do that for me Oliver." Tears now flowed freely down her face. "Let me go.."

The urge to reach across the table and hug her was becoming unbearable, be he resisted. "Fine. You want out, fine by me. It's not going to be pretty though Peyton."

Peyton looked up, her tears streaking her pale face. "Are you threatening me?"

Oliver smiled. "Oh, what gives you that idea Pey honey?" He winked at her and turned around heading for the exit. "Oh and Peyton?"

Her eyes watched as he glanced back at her briefly. "Yeah?"

"I hope tonights party is a blast!" The smirk never left his face as he walked out the doubled doors leaving Peyton questioning her former boyfriend's motives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Joe glanced around to make sure the coast was clear before opening his mouth and divulging the plans for that evening. "Ok heres how its going to go. Peyton, Gwen..I need you two to set up while were out on stage. Dirty said he would help, but I would really prefer it if he didn't."

Peyton flashed Joe a thumbs up and Gwen nodded in agreement. "Good. Ok, I need you guys to hang the streamers and signs and all that jazz ok? I want it to be perfect for him considering last year was a bomb."

"Why was last year such a bomb?" Gwen questioned, crossing her arms over her chest.

Joe cleared his throat and ran a hand through his ever growing fro. "Well, um..you see...we umm...kind of sort of...took..him...toastripclubandhegotalapdancehedidn'tlike." He rushed the last bit out and hoped that no one over heard him.

Peyton did though and busted out laughing. People turned to look and stare at her sudden outburst. "Oh my...your serious? You had someone give the kid a lap dance? He's so shy and he fidgets. He could never handle a girl like that."

"How were we supposed to know he would flip like that? Besides, I thought it was a great idea up until that point." Joe sighed and shoved his hands into his pockets digging out a key. "Here, this is the key to our room backstage. No one's really supposed to have it so don't lose it. I need you guys to get back there as soon as you see us get on stage. This has to be perfect."

"Gotcha Joe! Don't worry I'm sure we can.." Peyton glanced at her sister and cleared her throat, "..handle it."

Joe smiled, "Good thats just what I need to hear. Now if you ladies will excuse me, I have to go and get all pretty for tonight. Ciao!"

"What was all that about Peyton?" Gwen questioned once Joe was out of earshot.

"Whatever are you talking about dear sister?" Peyton's sarcasm was as thick as the icing that was on the cake they had ordered for Patrick the other day.

Gwen sighed and followed her sister as she made her way towards the buses. "The sarcasm, the attitude, the cold shoulder and did I mention the sarcasm. Thats all I get from you lately."

Peyton stopped walking and turned around to look at her older sister. Her slight belly bump was now evident underneath her t-shirts. "What do you expect from me Gwen? Do you just want me to open up my arms and say 'Congratufuckulations on sleeping with my ex-boyfriend and getting knocked up! Way to go sis!' Is that what you want me to say to you, because I will."

Pain and hurt etched across the older woman's face. "Ouch Peyton. That was cold."

"What do you want from me? What would you expect from me Gwen? I can't just let this go, you hurt me more than you have ever before!" Peyton sighed as she tried her best to sound controlled in this situation.

"I don't know Peyton, but I do know is that I don't want this." She waved her arms around in an attempt to make sense of the conversation. Instead it just puzzled Peyton even more. "I want you to be there for me. I want to know that I still have a sister even after I screwed up."

She shook her head in disbelief. "You know Gwen, if this was the first time you had done it things would be different, but its not. You've done this twice to me and don't act like you don't know what the hell I'm talking about." She watched as her face shifted to confusion as Gwen searched her sister's eyes for answers. "The only difference between this time and last time is the fact that you got caught red handed. You ended up pregnant."

Gwen raised her hand up to stop Peyton from continuing her verbal abuse on her. "First off, I didn't know that you liked Mike when I first began dating him. So you can't blame me for that. Second..." She tried to catch her breath but was finding it hard. She didn't want to have to tell her this way. "Secondly, I was forced into this position. I didn't ask for this Peyton. I don't even remember it happening."

"Let me guess you were drunk!" Peyton exclaimed in a bored sort of tone. "I've heard that one before."

"No Peyton, your little ex-boyfriend drugged me. Thats what happened." Gwen searched her sister's face looking for some kind of remorse. "I want you in my baby's life, your its aunt for God sakes! I have a doctor's appointment thursday at three thirty. Pete was going to go with me for moral support but I think it would be better if you came with me instead. I need you Peyton, your all I have left."

Peyton took quite an interest in her shoes. "I'll think about it. Right now we have a party to set up for."

'Well thats a start.' Gwen thought as she followed her sister over to the bus to collect the decorations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

"Hurry up Peyton and give me that streamer. It would look better if I did it!" Dirty whispered harshly to her from across the room.

Peyton draped the streamer over the mirror and wiped her hands on her jeans. "No! I was specifically told not to let you help decorate period. I heard what happened when you did the last time."

"That was one time!" He fought back as he plopped down on the couch and confetti sprang out from underneath him causing Peyton to giggle.

The boys were now on their last song, Saturday. The music flowed into the room in a hushed sound, making Peyton very nervous. She wanted this party to be perfect for Patrick. After everything he had done for her, he deserved to have one good night. 'Let's just pray they didn't get another lap dancer.' she thought as she glanced around the room at the decorations.

Streamer, balloons and confetti littered the room. Every spot imaginable was covered and Peyton was just glad that she wasn't the one that was going to have to clean it up when they were done.

The door opening and slamming shut broke Peyton out of her thoughts as she saw Duane, Rachel and Chad rush in. "Their coming down the hallway now, the shows over get in your places!" Duane shouted in a hushed whisper as he darted behind the couch.

Peyton hunched down by the mirror she had just been decorating and thanked God that Oliver had decided against coming to this party. Joe had stated that he had invited him but Oliver had politely declined saying that he had other plans to attend to that night. 'Funny, he seems to be having alot of plans lately,' she thought as she shook her head to rid her thoughts of Oliver. Tonight was about Patrick and nothing else.

The sound of muffled voices outside the door caused everyone in the room to quiet their excited whispers and wait for the clicking of the door. "No its ok that you guys don't want to do anything tonight I understand your tired. I just thought that maybe we could just, I don't know go and eat or something." Patrick said as he gripped the handle of the door and opened the dark room. He tried to adjust his eyes to the darkness so he could find the light switch. "What the hell, I don't remember shutting the lights off when we left." He flicked the light on and he was immediately met with a huge roar of 'Suprise' and 'Happy Birthday Patrick!'

"Wow!" was all that came from his mouth as he searched the crowd for the one gift he truely wanted this birthday. His eyes found her standing next to his chair, a smile plastered on her lips and her eyes twinkling with excitement. "You guys did this for me? Why?"

Joe threw this arm around his friend and smiled at his expression. "Your worth it. Besides they all heard there was going to be free food so they decided to show up."

"HELL YEAH!" Dirty yelled from across the room as he stood guarding the deli tray. "This bitch is mine!"

"Ummm..yeah..who invited him?" Patrick laughed.

"He just comes with the package you should know that by now." Pete said as he slapped his friend's shoulder playfully. "Happy birthday man! Now if you will excuse me, I have a date with a pregnant woman and some cake right over there."

Patrick shook his head and laughed. "Be my guest." He watched as his friend made his way over to Gwen and pulled her into a hug. She had swatted at him playfully when he tried to get a bite of her cake.

"Hey you! Happy Birthday." came a soft voice from behind him.

"Peyton.." he whispered as he turned around to meet her gaze. "Your the one gift I wanted this year." He wrapped her into a hug and kissed her cheek gently.

Peyton laughed into his hair. "OH please Patrick! We both know for a fact I am not what you wanted for your birthday, but here is something that I'm sure you will like." She broke their hug to pick up her present from the table beside them and placed it into his empty hands. "I hope you like it." She kissed his lips and let them linger there for a second before being interrupted by a whooping sound coming from Joe.

"I will." Patrick said as he tore off the wrapping paper to reveal a book. "A book?"

Peyton smiled at his innocence. "Its not just any book silly." She opened the book to the front covered and smiled when he realized what it was. "I had it engraved as well. I figured you might like it." Patrick nodded as he wrapped his arms around her and lifted her off the floor.

"Thank you. I love it." He whispered to only her.

"Well, well, well, did I miss the invite to the party or what?" Oliver chimed from the doorway.

Peyton slid out of the hug as she turned towards Oliver, disgust evident on her once happy face. "What are you doing here?"

Oliver smiled and made his way into the room as he made sure all eyes were on him now. "Well you see, I just happened to be walking down this corridor when I ran into someone who looked a little lost." He paused for the dramatics and continued when he knew he had everyones attention. "And you know, me being the gentleman that I am had to direct this lady into the right direction."

A shuffling of feet came from behind Oliver as a young woman, not much older than Peyton, made her way into the room. "Oh my God!" came someone's voice from the back of the room.

Patrick's mouth dropped and his arms that once were around Peyton had slipped and fell to his side.

"Suprise Trick! Happy Birthday!" the womans voice was soothe and bubbly.

"Anna?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

ok yeah soo..ummm.reviews? please..I
Sign up to rate and review this story