Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Protecting Me

First Kiss

by Draykor 4 reviews

Ever since Archie met Atlanta, he's been really protective about her. He definately knows that she is his first crush.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-06-27 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 1876 words

2Insightful
Chapter 4! I think I said that in the last chapter I might not not update today, but I did! WOOT! I'm good! I know you love me ;)! Review! Please and thank you!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

xxx...Our First Kiss Won't Be The Last...xxx

Archie threw himself onto his bed in anger. He just got more burns today, which is what they give you in the field if you give the police men attitude. Atlanta got only got one though.

Archie and Atlanta were crouching beside each other in the field, picking cotton and vegtables. This one police man, who was sitting on a horse, kept whipping Atlanta since he didn't think she was working hard enough. Atlanta really got angry at that, so she grabbed the whip before it could hit her again and she whipped the thing right in his face. Archie snorted, it was kinda funny. But he stopped when he saw that look on her face. She was mad, real mad, and he immediately stopped laughing before Atlanta could give him some of her attitude, which he clearly didn't want to meet or want.

The police man was angry at her and so he brought out a long piece of burning metal, with a design on one of the ends which is the end you place the metal on, and he shot the metal on the back of her neck. Atlanta was shocked and in pain. She started to scream and begged him to stop, but he just pressed the design farther into her neck.

Archie couldn't bare to see her in pain. And so he grabbed the middle part of the metal, and the other end was poked right in his gut. The man started to cough and finally took the metal off of Atlanta's neck.

Archie crouched back down and looked at Atlanta, waiting for her to thank him. But all she did was just look at the cotton and began picking it again.

Archie's face fell and went back to work before he could get in anymore trouble. He already had burns before from defending Atlanta. He just wondered why she never thanked him or just simply smiled at him.

"Not even a thank you or a grin." Archie mumbled to himself. He rolled over to his side and stared at the hallway wall. He groaned and put his head up, so he was looking into Atlanta's room. He stared at her, even though she was sleeping. Archie was mad at himself. Why did he have to fall in love, and in a prison? That was a really weird place to fall in love, especially with a girl who plays hard to get. He was fourteen and he still couldn't get her.

Well, one reason he fell even deeper in love with her, is because she's getting older, and she's starting to get her curves already. Archie always loved girls who didn't have really big hips, but just a normal size hips, like Atlanta has. And her voice is becoming a bit more deeper, instead of the bit squeaky voice she had when they first met. Her voice also became a bit softer also. Who was he kiddin, he'd never get her. No matter how hard he'd try, he'd never be able to get her. He only knew her for a couple of years and they did hang out and talk to each other, but Atlanta just didn't look very interested in him.

Archie did all he could to get her attention. If he couldn't have her, they could at least be friends. That's a start. But whenever he talked to her, she wouldn't answer or she'd just, look away. It's like her attitude was the silent goth type, not as much as goth but she definately was quiet. She obviously didn't want to be here. Nobody does. But they'd have to stay here unless they find a way to escape or if they turn old enough to retire. But usually, the more children they get, they'd get rid of the old kids they brought in earlier. But they wouldn't just kick them out. They'd kill them.

Archie had heard rumors, that when the police took the old kids and replaced them with the new, that they'd bring them to a room where they'd chain their wrists to the chains on the walls and would be whipped to death, where they would bleed to death, starve, dehydrate, they''d let the rats eat them, or they'd just kill them with knives and daggars and they would even shoot them. Sometimes they'd even cut huge chunks of their skin and throw it on the ground, or they'd cut their head off or chop you in pieces and feed them to the dogs. But they wouldn't do that to the kids who actually work hard. They'd obviously keep them.

That's why Archie and Atlanta had been working so hard. They didn't want to end up like the rumors say. They wanted to be hard, good workers. They wanted to be the best. Every day, they'd try their best to work as hard as possible so they wouldn't be replaced. Archie also convinced his friends, Jay and Herry, to work really hard so they wouldn't be replaced.

Jay and Herry never really met Atlanta. Archie told them alot about her but they never got an actual chance to see her in the flesh. Of course Archie would describe her as a cute, beautiful girl with a cute soft voice. That made Jay and Herry want to meet her. But they never get to see her, since Jay and Herry work on opposite ends of the field, and Archie and Atlanta would work on the other side or in the middle. And the field, was a huge field!! They couldn't even see Jay or Herry if they were in the middle.

But Archie kept trying to be good friends with Atlanta. She did talk to him sometimes, when she's in a good mood, but when she's not feeling her best, she'd be silent all day. But Archie didn't care. He'd rather have her as silent so he could stare at her, than talkative and really active so he could barely see her at all. He doesn't know much about her. Only that she has a mom, a dad, a little sister who was six years younger and an older brother who was three years older than her. He kept trying. He soon found out that they had alot of things in common, which would make it easier for them to talk to each other.

Archie kept staring at her. But looked away when she soon woke up. He didn't blame her. It's hard sleeping on that hard, springy bed with ripped blankets and a thin, dirty pillow.

"Why were you staring at me?" Atlanta asked as she sat up, rubbing her sleepy eyes.

Archie jumped at her question, came out of nowhere, and simply said, "Why?"

"Cause you were staring at me and I wanted to know why." She answered.

"N-No reason." He said, trying to keep himself from blushing.

"Whatever." Atlanta said as she flopped back down and sighed, looking at the ceiling. 'Wonder what Steve and Kenzie are doing right now.' She thought about her brother and sister.

Archie knew that look. She was thinking of something or someone. "What are you thinking about?" He asked, a curious look on his face.

"No one. Why?"

"Cause you had that look on your face when you're thinking about something or someone important." Archie answered.

Atlanta sighed and said, "I'm thinking about my brother and sister, okay?!" She said, trying to keep herself from crying."

"What are their names." He asked. He could see her eyes were glassy.

Atlanta sighed again. "My seventeen year old brother is Steve and my eight year old sister is MacKenzie. Happy?" She said, not sounding very happy.

Archie frowned. 'She's not lookin too happy. Wish I could cheer her up.' He thought.

He had a sudden idea. He wasn't sure if he should do this. 'It's the only thing I have left from her. But...Atlanta looks so sad and I want to cheer her up.' He thought. He sighed in defeat and pulled out his silver chain in his pocket, he kept the letter though. "Atlanta?"

"Hm?" Came his choked response.

"Come here." He said calmly.

Atlanta gave him a questioning look, but slowly sat up and got off her bed and walked over to him.

Archie smiled sweetly and said, "Here. I want you to have this." He said as he took ou this clenched hand and opened it, revealing the sparkling silver neck chain in his hand. "My mother gave it to me before we were-" He gulped and forced himself not to cry. "separated."

Atlanta gasped at the beautiful chain in his hand. "Y-You want me to have it?" She asked, an unassured look on her face.

Archie nodded. "Yes. Take it."

"Archie. I...I can't." She said. "It was your mother's and it's your only connection with her. I don't want to stand in the way. Keep it."

Archie shook his head. "No. I have a letter from her. I want you to have the chain." He said.

Atlanta looked worried but slowly reached out her hand and gracefully took the silver out of his palm. This was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for her. She smiled sweetly and said, "Thank you. I'll make sure to take good care of it."

Archie smiled back in thanks. "Just remember that you will always be my friend, and I've got your back always. Okay?"

Atlanta smiled and said, "Kay."

Archie smiled back and turned to go to bed, feeling greatful for what he just did, but also a little....guilty or sad.

Atlanta looked at the ground and bit her lip and looked back at Archie. "Archie wait."

Archie stopped in his tracks and looked at her. "Ya?"

Atlanta's breath started to get a little, unnoticably heavy and she gasped in, "Come here for a sec." She could not believe what she was going to do to him.

"Ya?" Archie said as he stood face to face with her again.

Atlanta gasped in a sharp breath and slowly and softly brushed her lips against his cheek in a kiss. Atlanta eyes widened a bit and she pulled away, clearing her throat. "Th-That's a thanks. F-For what you did. Everything y-you did." She said, a faint pink blush running across her cheeks.

Archie's cheeks, however, turned a bit of a dark shade of red and replied, "N-No problem. I've got your back. A-Always. You c-can count o-one m-e." He stuttered and turned around before his blush could turn black. He slowly walked back to his bed.

Atlanta smirked and walked back to her's sighing as she layed down on her bed, thinking 'Maybe I do like him. Just maybe...'

xxx...Our Loves Too Deep To End That Fast...xxx

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Awww! A/A MOMENT!! YAY! I know you all love those. R&R&R PLEASE!! Thank you. I'm getting reviews and readings but I'm not seeing ratings. Thank you.

Draykor
Sign up to rate and review this story