Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Protecting Me

Say Okay

by Draykor 2 reviews

After Archie and Atlanta...erm..."kiss", their friendship has grown...stronger. They've been hanging out and talking more to each other, and Atlantas even being nicer to him! Miracle ain't it? And ...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-06-30 - Updated: 2007-06-30 - 2376 words

0Unrated
When the summary said, that the girls would entertain the police, don't worry. It's nothing dirty. Just singing! You'll get to read Atlanta sing to the song, "Say Okay" by Vanessa Hudgens :). Enjoy! Took me a while to finish this chapter.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

xxx...Will you hold me close and safe...xxx

It didn't mean a thing Archie. Stop thinking that it did!' Archie thought to himself. After Atlanta kissed him, he kept thinking they were going out or their friendship has grown stronger than ever. But it was just a thank you. Nothing more. His mind keeps denying it was nothing and keeps saying it was certainly something. He actually doesn't know what it meant. Maybe she likes him, maybe she doesn't. But he wants to find out. He doesn't want to ask her about it, that just makes her blush and nervous. And he didn't want to mention it to the guys either, they'll just laugh and tease him about it.

But the good part is that the police men announced that the girls, and only the girls, had to sing for everybody. Not as a group, individually. Why did they make up this new rule? He did not know. But he had talked to Atlanta about it and, as always, she said she didn't want to do it. But she had to. He heard that if someone doesn't want to do it and is too stubborn to go upstage, they had to go to the field while everyone else got to sit and watch the show. Atlanta wasn't too happy about it, but she decided to go up there so she wouldn't have to work again. But she has been objecting that she can't sing or dance! Archie doesn't believe her. He never heard her, but he guesses that she can sing, he doesn't know about the dancing yet.

"I can't believe that you made me sing at the stupid thing tonight." Atlanta said, sitting on her bed with her arms crossed.

"Oh come on Atlanta. I'm sure you'll do great." Archie assured her.

"But I can NOT sing!" She said.

"I'm sure you'll do fine. I've never heard you sing, but I'm sure you're great!"

Atlanta sighed and said, "You haven't heard me. I can't sing! At all!"

"Are you still gonna go though? I really want to hear you. And I don't think you'd want to go to the field while everyone else gets to sit and listen to everyone else sing and dance."

"Well, duh! I guess everyone hearing my penguin calls is better than going out in the field to do more work." Atlanta smirked.

'Score! Can't wait to hear her sing!' Archie thought.

He never actually heard Atlanta sing, he heard her hum and she didn't sound all that bad. She actually sounded pretty good! If her humming was good, he wondered what her singing sounded like.

Later that night...

"I can't believe you even made Theresa dress me up!" Atlanta yelled at Archie. She was wearing something different. She was wearing an orange camo skirt that went a couple inches above her knees, with an darker orange t-shirt and she was wearing white golden high heels. The police gave them all clothes to choose from, Atlanta chose the shirt, but only the skirt and a black dress were left. She decided to go witht he skirt. Which, of course, made Archie not look away from her.

"Oh come on Lan! It's not that bad." He said, staring at her beautifully thin body. "Besides, you look...beautiful." He said, scratching the back of his neck and stopping himself from blushing.

Atlanta smiled and said, "Thanks." A soft blush appearing on her cheeks. "When did you say I was on again?" She asked.

"I think you're number 19. Which might take a while." Archie then smirked. "At least you're not waaay back up in the fifties or seventies with the rest. They'll have to wait their turn."

Atlanta scoffed. "Ya. But I still don't wanna do it! I hate going up in front of people!" She said crossing her arms, making the thin silver bracelets on her wrists make a high chingle.

"Don't worry. You'll do fine." Archie smiled. 'At least I hope so.'

"How do you know if I'll do fine?" Atlanta asked.

"I don't. I'm just saying that so you won't feel so nervous. I know now that you don't like to go in front of people, but you'll have to go through worse things in your life."

"Like what?" Atlanta asked.

"I dunno. That's not up to me to predict. Just remember that I'll be watching you and giving you good luck."

Atlanta nodded. "Kay." She smiled.

They both waited patiently for the others to finish. But when number 18 was finished, she went backstage, stood in front Archie and Atlanta with her hands on her hips and sighed, "You know that that the audience always likes me best." She said as she flipped her brown hair off her shoulder. "I'm surprised if they'd even just clap for you." She smirked and walked past them, bumping Atlanta by the shoulder.

"I always hated her!" She yelled through her clenched teeth.

"Why? Who is she?" Archie asked, his thumb pointing in her direction.

"How to I describe her. Let me put it this way. Evil takes form in Regina, her name. She may look innocent at times, but be aware. She's not your normal scum sucking, road killer. She's a life ruiner, she's the shiniest, hardest of all plastics. And she's always picking on me. Just because I'm not...girlie like she is." Atlanta explained, crossing her arms.

"Wow." He answered raising an eyebrow.

"Number 19. You're up!" The man said through the microphone.

Atlanta sighed and breathed deeply. "I guess I'm up." She said, trying not to faint.

Archie smiled and put a hand on her shoulder. "Good luck."

Atlanta smiled back and walked away from him, which...kind of disappointed her. 'I am not falling for him. I am not!' She said. She sighed as she walked on the stage and took the mike off of its stand. She sighed as she heard the music playing for her song. She cleared her throat, not into the mike though and started to sing.

"You are fine
You are sweet


But I'm still a bit naive with my heart
When you're close I don't breathe
I can't find the words to speak
I feel sparks"

Atlanta smiled as she saw Archie walk off the stage and sit in an empty seat and smiling back at her.

"But I don't wanna be into you
If you're not looking for true love
No I don't wanna start seeing you
If I can't be your only one"

Atlanta mentally sighed in relief. Archie was right. This wasn't that bad. She was just glad she was getting this nightmare over with. She actually thought she would do something embarassing. Like tripping somewhere on the stage, or start singing the wrong song, or if she was off key through the whole thing. Or if she tripped over her own foot and fell off the stage, flat on her face. Even though she knows Archie would never let that happen.

"So tell me, when it's not alright
When it's not okay
Will you try to make me feel better
Will you say alright
Will you say okay
Will you stick with me through whatever
Or run away
Say okay"

Atlanta, was actually having fun! She actually never sang in front of people before, which was why she was nervous. This was her first time and Archie thought she was flawless. Simply...wonderful.

"When you call I don't know
If I should pick up the phone
Every time
I'm not like all my friends
Who keep calling up the boys
I'm so shy
See I can only start seeing you
If you don't treat me the right way"

Atlanta looked at Archie again who was smiling widely at her. See? He knew that she could sing! Why was she denying? She can so sing! He wished that she would sing all the time though. He couldn't stop listening to her beautiful voice. He started daydreaming...

"See I can only start seeing you
If you can make my heart feel safe
Feel safe
When it's not alright
When it's not okay
Will you try to make me feel better
Will you say alright
Will you say okay
Will you stick with me through whatever
Or run away"

But the most weirdest thing of all when Atlanta was singing this song, was that she was thinking of Archie through the whole thing. 'Why am I thinking of Archie when I sing this?'

"Let me know if it's gonna be you
Boy, you've got some things to prove
Let me know that you'll keep me safe
I don't want you to run away so
Let me know that you'll call on time
Let me know that you'll help me shine
Will you wipe my tears away
Will you hold me close and safe"

Oh boy, Atlanta had alot of questions and wonders in her mind. But she ignored them and concentrated on her song. She didn't want to end up singing what she was thinking.

"When it's not alright
When it's not okay
Will you try to make me feel better
Will you say alright
Will you say okay
Will you stick with me through whatever
Or run away
Say okay
Don't run away
Will you say okay"

Atlanta looked at Archie one last time and smiled at him. A thankful smile. Archie saw her smiling at him and he couldn't help but smile back.

"Say that it's gonna be alright
That it's gonna be alright
Don't run away
Don't run away
Say that it's gonna be alright
That it's gonna be alright
Don't run away
Don't run away"

Atlanta let out a big sigh after her last words. She put the mike back on it's stand and looked out at the audience. Everyone just looked at her, in silence. Until they all surprised her when they all started cheering, clapping and whistling. Archie was doing the most applause, of course.

Atlanta looked behind stage and saw Regina's jaw was hanging low. She swung around and stook her nose up in the air, letting out a big "ugh". Angry that everyone actually liked her. Atlanta mentally said, "Ha ha. Sucka!" But she didn't want to say it out loud. It would embarass her. She just smiled, letting her white, pearly, perfect teeth show in her dazzling smile.

Archie quickly jumped out from his seat to congratulate her. He ran down the side isle and went backstage, looking for his little red star. Well, not really his star, but...ya. His eyes widened as he saw Atlanta walking backstage, wanting to look for him.

"Atlanta!" Archie called.

Atlanta smiled and ran towards him, landing comfortably in his arms.

"I told you you could do it." Archie said, his arms wrapping around her tighter in a harder hug.

"I know. I know. Can't believe I even doubted myself. Was I really that good?" She asked, picking her head up from his chest and looking at his face.

"You were great! Better than everyone else who went. I even bet you're gonna be better than whoever is going up next!" Archie answered, looking into Atlanta's eyes.

Atlanta blinked, looking into his eyes. She started to lean in closer, seeing Archie do the same.

They were leaning closer and closer, feeling the hot breath coming from one another's mouth. The space between them getting smaller and thinner. They could even feel the highest parts of their lips brush against each other!! They have never been this close before.

"Hey Archie. Is this the girl you were talking about?" A boy asked walking up to them.

Archie sighed. "Yes, Herry. This is Atlanta. The girl I was telling you about. You too Jay." He said. 'Thank you Herry. I will make sure to give you justice.' He thought angrily to himself, sarcastically thanking Herry for screwing up their big moment.

"Well, hi there." A boy with light brown hair and dark brown eyes said, coming out from behind Herry. He was actually a very handsome young man, even though Atlanta thought Archie was cuter. He had a white blouse and blue jeans and was as tall as Archie. His name was Jay.

Herry had dark brown hair and had a navy t-shirt and tanned pants. He had green eyes and was very muscular. "I'm Herry. And this is Jay." He said, his thumb pointing to the other boy, Jay.

"Hi. I thought you were really great." Jay said, in an almost dreamy like voice.

Archie, however, didn't like the tone of his voice. Jay actually sounded like he was in love! 'You better not like her Jay. I already do and she probably likes me. So back...off!' He thought, clenching his fists up lightly. He wouldn't know what he'd do to Jay if he found out that he likes her. That might make Atlanta feel a little uncomfortable too. Having two boys fight over here. What happens when they both ask her who she likes better? It will make her so nervous and...uncomfortable! Both Archie and Atlanta wouldn't know what to do if that happened.

"Hi to you too." Atlanta smiled at Jay. She didn't like Jay, considering that she and Archie almost kissed, kill Herry for that, but she still wasn't sure about her feelings towards Archie. 'I think Archie is the one for me. We're exactly like each other and he's so cute! But I've heard girls say that it's, like...a rule to crush on your best friend. What do they know? The only friends they have are girls. They don't have friend boys! Screw the rule, I'm in love Archie and that's that!'

xxx...Say Okay...xxx

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Awww's! Atlanta finally admitted she liked Archie. YAY! Sorry it took so long to update. This chapter took me a while. Review please and thank you! I'm glad that you like the story :)!

Draykor
Sign up to rate and review this story