Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We're Both On Borderline Obsession

Hear Me

by meeniemoe 7 reviews

Will they be able to explain things to one another?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-06-30 - Updated: 2007-06-30 - 1953 words

1Ambiance
A/N: I've been feeling very inspired these days, so this is the second update of the week...I'm appalled too, folks. :)
I'm now making 'memorable quotes' OPTIONAL. I don't know if I said that before, and if I did, well I feel stupid now. :D But it helps to put up memorable quotes in your reviews. However, I will not hate you if you don't. I'll love you all the same, because you're a reviewer that means a lot to me!

MEMORABLE QUOTES FROM LAST CHAPTER...

"No. He was not strapped to a gurney!" -Geets
****************
"Monstrous fucking." -Geets/ danceislife
****************
He shifted his gaze to Ryan, whose saliva had started to dribble onto Brendon's white medicated sheets. Ew. He thought in disgust. -KatieLove
****************
With wide eyes, Ryan flipped out his notepad. He had it. Brendon was his next story. -peterpandacomplex
****************
"Brendon, I'll be damned if you don't sing that song once you're better."

Ryan was awake. Brendon smiled sadly at his friend, before he whispered, "Me too, Ry. I'll be damned, too."
(my personal favorite!) -trueLIEx3




Chapter Fifteen: Hear Me

"I don't understand."

"Urie, how do you not understand?" Ryan groaned as he rubbed his temples. He was trying to explain his take on Brendon's point of view. He was attempting to explain his lyrics to Brendon. It was going fine, sure. Brendon just didn't understand why Ryan had to add in the bit where 'the flowers bloom', because Brendon certainly wasn't 'feeling any sort of blooming-ness'. You're an odd one, Urie. A very odd one. Ryan thought wearily. It wasn't long before Brendon shifted in his bed and asked:

"Do you want some orange juice? I found out that after ringing the bell just twice has the nurses running to my bedside. They fling themselves upon me and ask me what it is I want: beers, fruit parfaits, or some escargot. Really, Ryan. Maybe you should learn to contract fevers once in awhile..."

"Brendon, I do not want escargot! Nor do I want beer! I just want you to fucking understand that-"

Brendon sighed and shook his head. "This is another one of those you-have-to-get-how-to-do-this-or-you-won't-learn-anything-at-all lectures, huh?" Ryan blinked at Brendon, then said, "No, Brendon, it's not one of those lectures. It isn't because you already know how to do it. It's the reason why you landed in here..."

Silence. Then Brendon spoke up again, "So you just want me to act lovesick? Like I am...now?" Ryan clapped a hand to his forehead, and exclaimed, "Yes! This is what I've been trying to tell you all along! And you wouldn't let me get those words through your stupid head!"

Brendon took offence to that and tried to argue by saying, "Just because I have a thick head doesn't mean that...that...I'm stupid..."

"That what? Brendon, I think your reasoning power has just flushed down the toilet." Ryan joked. But he saw something had changed in Brendon's eyes. Ryan, in confusion, waved a hand in front of his friend's face. "Hello? Earth to martian alien thing Brendon. Hello?"

But he saw what Brendon was staring at. Ryan followed his gaze to look at the mirror across the room. Who else was reflected in the mirror, other than Alice?

*

"He's in the hospital."

"Who?" Alice asked tiredly. She was so tired...she had rings, dark rings, under her eyes, and it was obvious that it wasn't makeup that was smudged. It was actually her looking like a ghost. Her face was pallid except for the dark rings. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun, and even then, her hair had a bit of dandruff and stringiness to it. All in all, Alice could have been described as a zombie.

"Brendon. Brendon's in the hospital." Sarah echoed vacantly. She seemed extremely worried. Alice grew paler, if that was even possible. Her bottom lip quivered as she uttered out, "I'm going to go see him."

A more sensible voice entered the conversation, "Alice, you're in no state to visit him. Not yet." This voice belonged to Liz. She seemed to drag out the sentence, just the way you would luxuriously smoke a cigar. Her voice was rich in tone, very relaxed, and very calming. Calming to everyone but Alice. Alice cried, "You're kidding me, right?...No. I have to go see him. I'll be back soon."

Sarah looked from Liz to Alice, and shouted, "Alice, I'm coming with you." That made Liz roll her eyes, as she got up as well to say, "Well, it looks like I don't have a choice either."

Alice stumbled out of bed and shoved on a pair of Old Navy jeans.

Soon enough, the three women found themselves running down the hallway of the hospital, checking each doorway to see if it had the number '556' printed on it. Their feet tap-tap-tapped on the linoleum floor. It wasn't so pleasant, nor conventional, and it sure as hell wasn't normal for three women to be stalking down the hallway like they were hunting down prey. But they dealt with the fact that they looked partially insane, mostly on behalf of Alice.

"I swear to god, if she keeps running this fast, this woman is going to have a heart attack!" Liz puffed, obviously referring to herself. She wasn't as young as the other two women, and therefore, she wasn't as fit. Sarah looked down at Liz (she was a good three inches taller than the older woman) pitifully, and slowed down to match her pace. She replied, "Liz, if they're all fine and well in the end, I think that'll make a pretty happy ending for the rest of us."

"Yeah. I'm telling you, with that hothead Brendon and temperamental Alice, I'm pretty sure neither of them will be very happy once they see one another's state."

Before Sarah could even question Liz's comment about Brendon and Alice, Liz pointed out, "I think 556 was back there. We ran past Alice." Sarah took in her point, and they both walked back to where 566 was. The door was already open, and it revealed...

"Brendon?" Alice asked tentatively.

"Hey baby...you're back...Are you okay?" Brendon asked her hesitantly. He was shocked to find her...in his hospital room, of all places! He took in her appearance while he could: her pallid face, her skinnier self, and the look of wooziness about her.

"Am I ok?" Alice echoed Brendon. She continued to say, "I think it's more like, 'Are you okay?'" Her voice had dropped to a mere whisper as she walked over to Brendon's bedside. She didn't notice Ryan, because she tripped over his foot. Ryan mumbled, "Sorry." But it was too late. She slipped, and started to fall, when...

All of a sudden, she felt a pair of strong hands reach out to catch her. An unstable-looking Brendon held her in his hands. Alice gulped, and said appreciatively, "Th...Thanks." Brendon's body heat was really hot...like he had a fever. Brendon grinned meekly and said, "No problem," before he settled back down into his bed. Only then did Alice notice he had an IV.

"Brendon, why do you have an IV?" She asked. Brendon looked to Ryan, who was already pushing Sarah and Liz out, saying, "Come on, let's just leave 'em alone. Let's phone Jon and Spencer to tell 'em that Alice is back or something..." and sounds of protests of Sarah yelping, "But this is the good part!" and then a response of Liz mumbling, "I've been telling you guys over and over again that the both of them will start arguing in two seconds..."

When the room was finally quiet, Brendon tried to explain, but just concluded everything by saying:

"It's a long story. But to make a long story short...and to put it bluntly, I guess...I missed you. A lot. I didn't know where you went...and I'm...well...I was...lovesick, I guess. So um...stuff happened. I got a fever, and I just woke up in the hospital not too long ago. See what happens when you leave me here alone?"

Brendon joked the last line of his story, but the rest of the explanation was completely and utterly true. Alice's face was hard, and she breathed in and out in a very ruggedly pace. Finally, she brought herself to say, "Brendon, you weren't the only one 'suffering'. I don't know if anyone told you, but my family was largely distraught the past month or so." Before Brendon could question any further, Alice launched into her story of what why she disappeared within the last month:

"I didn't want to leave you alone. You have to understand that first. My...my sister just went through a miscarriage. We all thought it was going to be another baby shower, but then...it just got really bad, Brendon. I would've taken you with me, but you know, you were on set, you had your band to think of, and I didn't want to be totally selfish and bring you with me all the way to Florida. It wouldn't be fair on your behalf. You know?"

Her voice seemed to falter many a times, and Brendon assumed it was because she was becoming more emotional by the second. Just when Alice thought she was going to be forgiven for her long disappearance, Brendon said quietly, "I still can't believe you don't understand..."

"Understand what?" Alice fought back with a hiss. Brendon held his hands up in a near 'I surrender' pose. He sighed, and said, "Well, I mean, don't you understand our relationship? We need each other. I would've been strong for you if you at least told me where you went."

"Brendon. Our relationship is so complicated, I don't even know where to begin. The reason why I didn't tell you where I was going was so that you wouldn't have to worry where I'd be going. I wouldn't have to have you worrying about my personal problems-"

"Well, that didn't work, did it?! Look where I am now!" Brendon said in an outburst. Alice looked confused. Brendon was infuriated by how stupid Alice was being. Brendon seethed,

"You thought if you didn't tell me where you were going, I would worry about you less? What has gotten into you, Alice? Don't you know I care abut you?"

Now, Brendon just looked very hurt. He looked pained the max. Alice replied hotly,

"Brendon, you never made our relationship clear from the start. What are we? Husband and wife? Boyfriend and girlfriend? Lovers? I don't even know! Why are you making such a big deal out of this when we haven't even defined step one of our relationship?"

Alice looked Brendon up and down. He really was a mess. But she was confused too, and on top of that, she was exhausted and was looking for some sympathy.

But so was Brendon.

And neither of them were giving in, neither one of them was compromising to the other's plight. Alice felt tears form in her eyes before she stomped out of the room. Brendon was left there, completely alone again.

This time, he felt differently. This was war. He needed to get out of the hospital as soon as possible to prove and dissect every part of this 'relationship'. If Alice wasn't going to compromise, then Brendon would show Alice how flexible in a relationship he could be.


A/N: So if you felt anything quote-worthy, copy and paste it into the review section. If not, I won't kill ya. :) nudge you guys, we're nearly at 100 reviews! This is exciting! (And we have about three or so more chapters 'til this story is DONE!)
Sign up to rate and review this story