Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > "What is a Heart Beat?"

Chapter 7

by FireChildSlytherin5 0 reviews

AU. Zuko was found in the Forest, half-wild, being attacked by a group of unknown beings wounded severely but yet somehow not effect by the pain afterwards. Read and found out the secret of the Fir...

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror - Characters: Aang,Katara,Sokka,Zuko - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2007-10-14 - Updated: 2007-10-14 - 1174 words

0Unrated
"What is a Heart Beat?"

-

Summary: AU. Zuko was found in the Forest, half-wild, being attacked by a group of unknown beings wounded severely but yet somehow not effect by the pain afterwards. Read and found out the secret of the Fire Nation, the reason why the nation despise the rest, the reason why the nation seemed cold, and yet...

-

Chapter 6

-

Ba Bum ... the heart beat once.
Ba Bum ... the heart beat twice.
Ba Bum ... the heart beat three times.
Ba Ba Bum ... and the heart beat no more.


-

"This is the place is where you were attack?" Iroh asked Takeshi, as he crouched to the ground, tipping his fingers into a dark puddle of blood. Smearing it in his hands, the dark blood was bluish muck; clearing stating that it is not human. Iroh sniff it, knowing where it came from."Yes, sir." Takeshi told him, looking around himself. He was expecting to find a rotting corpse of his best friend, instead he found nothing. All they found so far was pools of blood and traces of a fight and nothing else. In the clearing were earth boulders, and wet patches here and there. "/Sir, someone was here. Shadows can't bend-/-" Takeshi started to say.

"A Shadow was killed here." Iroh started to muttered to himself out loud. Takeshi shut his mouth. It was rude of interrupting an elder. "/And few others were wounded here. Who had killed the Shadow, I wonder? I would be glad to shake the person's hand before I kill him, if he ever hurt Zuko../."

Takeshi shrugged. Iroh was weird at times like this.

He watched as Iroh got up from his feet, placing his hand a bark to nearby tree. Looking at it closer, he saw that of a weapon of some kind had sliced across it. "This was done by a boomerang or same type of a small sword." Iroh told Takeshi. Takeshi nodded slowly, not knowing how Iroh knew this. How can you tell a cut from a tree? A cut is a cut, in his opinion. It could be easily been made not from man, but from an animal.

Iroh started to walk away from him. Suddenly a cry was heard.

"Takeshi! Come, I found footprints!" Iroh called him. Takeshi followed him, who was now running up north, following footprints that were clearly weeks old.

They found another large clearing few miles of running unstop. In the middle of it was a fireplace that hadn't been used in weeks, its ashes cold as bones. Old footprints of four people and a small creature were found.

"Ah---Sir, come and look at this!" Takeshi called Iroh.

Iroh looked up. There on one side of the clearly was very large footprints of a six footed creature. Takeshi gulped, starring at the footprints that were three inches deep. What kind of a creature would make this kind of footprints?

Iroh stood there, his eyes widen. "Sir? You know what made these?"

Iroh nodded slowly. Something is wrong. "/I only know one creature that would make these footprints, Takeshi. A creature as large as dragons. A creature that was thought to be an extinct for 100s of years since the disappearance of Lady Huo. A flying bison/."

Takeshi's eyes widen. "Do you mean..." he yelped just thinking what would be happening to Zuko at the moment. ”/That Zuko, been kidnapped by--by---/"

"/Yes, Takeshi, it is more then I feared. Zuko is a prisoner to the Avatar. And at this moment, they are heading to the Earth Kingdom, Omashu. At foot it will takes us at least a month. Far too late to save him. He is now at their mercy/." Iroh said slowly.

Takeshi collapsed on the forest floor and wept.

-
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
-


"There it is!" Aang cried happily, jumping for joy on Appa's head. "There Omashu!"

Everyone looked up, and sure enough Omashu was seen just in the horizon. Its large earth wall shined from the golden sunlight. Earth Nation flags, just barely seen in the naked eye, blowing in the wind.

Zuko's golden eyes widen in horror. 'So soon... ' he thought. 'Be strong... Be strong... '

"I wonder what they are going to do with you, scum. Are they going to stuck you in a cell to rot or are they going to cut all your toes first?" Zuko heard Sokka asked him. Zuko ignored him. 'Don't let him get to you.' Zuko repeated himself.

Sokka smiled as he saw smoke coming from his ears. "Maybe they would be nice to you, killing you in a painless death. If it was me, I wouldn't be that merciful. You and your people don't deserve any mercy of what you Nation did..." Sokka continued, folding his arms.

Zuko couldn't take it anymore. Zuko jumped up on top of him.

"GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF!" Sokka yelped, as Zuko bite him in the arm.

"It’s your fault that you angered him, idiot." Toph muttered, not caring if Zuko would throw him over board again.

Katara and Aang got up, parting Sokka and Zuko from each other.

"Sokka, stop angering him!" Katara yelled at her brother.

"Katara, he is Fire Nation!" Sokka yelled back.

"It doesn't give you the right to anger him!"

"Yes it does! Ooh, my beautiful arm..." Sokka yelped in pain, as blood trickling from his now torn sleeve. A huge, deep bite mark was shown under Sokka's now torn, blood stained sleeve.

"Let me go!" Zuko yelled, as Aang tightening Zuko's bonds around his hands and feet.

"Katara we need something to keep Zuko from biting people." Aang told her, ignoring Zuko's threatening pleas.

"Here, Aang." Katara said, tossing a think cloth from her backpack.

"I am sorry, Zuko..." Aang started to say, wrapping the thick cloth in a roll and started to put around Zuko's mouth. "Ouch!" Aang yelped. Zuko had bitten him.

Katara grabbed the cloth from Aang's now sore fingers, quickly wrapping it around Zuko's head and in his month. "There." she said.

Zuko glared at her.

'Uncle where are you?' he thought.

(End of Chapter)


Words: 1,177 Author's Notes: Sorry for the long wait. Just now I had a spark feeling that I had, after reading a story in An Avatar fic called: - Only Hope - by tankerskid11.

And sorry for the shortest chapter ever, that I ever written in my life! But I promise that they next one WILL be longer. Like the last one before this one. :)

Anyway, I hope you like the chapter, even if it is short-ish. I had to write this chapter, to get my point of the next chapter.I am not happy about this chapter. Oh well.

I couldn't get a hold of my other beta, but I got a person named: tankerskid11 from fanlib(dot)com. So yeah. :) Look up my profile to go into her profile there.

Please, please review!

Thanks for reading!

--FireChildSlytherin5
Sign up to rate and review this story