Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > It's War! Aftermath

Chapter 2

by whipblade 0 reviews

Now the bros are picking up on the odd acting bro. Unable to pin point why, there's worry of treason on the bros minds.

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-11-18 - Updated: 2007-11-19 - 2778 words

0Unrated




Biker Mice from Mars

In

Aftermath of War

By: Whipblade.





Mace looked down at his wrists. Hearing his bros bikes rumbling in the distance, he quickly wrapped his forearms, slipping on a pair of black gloves that stopped just short of his elbow, he'd found them at an old Army surplus store. He had to admit the black material hid the stains of blood well, and smell too. Not even Modo's keen nose had picked up the faint scent yet.



The garage door rattled as it opened, tugging on a long sleeve Freedom Fighter shirt Rimfire left behind, Mace glanced at the mirror. The loud rumble of three motorbikes entering the garage filled the upstairs practically shacking the building itself with the vibrations. Sliding his feet into his boots, he made his way down stairs, just as Vinnie started to complain about something.





"Vincent!" Throttle laughed coming to a halt just inside the double doors. "You're insane"



"Awww now you're just jealous." Vinnie gloated. "You're bike could never make that jump."



"You're right." Throttle admitted. "I don't want to meet an early demise over something so trivial."



"Trivial!" Vinnie gasped in mock-horror. "That is the highest and farthest jump over the deepest canyon in all of Earth!"



"Mmhmmm" Modo hummed parking between Vinnie and Throttle."The grand canyon is in another state."



"Okay, all of Chicago."Vinnie shrugged. "Still."



Shaking his head Throttle pulled off his helmet, dismounting his bike. "You'll get yourself killed one of these days, Vinnie."



"Aww Throttle, Vinnie's a big boy now. If he wants to break his neck getting a thrill from a jump, let him." Mace tried to smile. "Just make sure Charley is there to put all the pieces back together."



"Thanks.... Mace." Vinnie paused seeing the gloves and long sleeve shirt rolled up to the elbows.



With a tilt of his head, Mace directed himself to Modo. "Think Rimmy would mind?"



Vinnie and Throttle both held back their snickers.



Modo grunted clearly not amused. "Rimfire wouldn't mind." He replied with a frown, Rimfire's top never looked like it belonged to a villain before Mace donned it.



"Why the new get up?" Throttle asked curiously. Not sure if he wanted to mention the gloves or not.



"It's cold." Mace replied lamely.



"Welcome to winter." Throttle chuckled lightly, eyeing the long gloves he tried hard to ignore.



"Yeah, after shedding for a whole year and just when you think you're done shedding, winter drives up on us and BOOM! Your cold." Vinnie laughed. "Wait till you start shedding in spring again."



"Again?" Disbelieving the white youth, Mace turned to Charley. "Again?"



Dismounting Vinnie's bike Charley smiled as she strolled past Mace. "Don't worry it won't be as bad as before."



"Any more of my fur falls out, I'm gonna be bald." Mace muttered following Charley to the kitchen.



"Naw bro, only gonna get bald if you let Charley shaves yah again." Modo chuckled trying to ignore the familiarity of the long black gloves. "Where'd yah get those anyways?" he asked pointing to them.



"The gloves?" Mace looked down at his hands. "The army surplus store just down the road, lots of great relicts! Even got a rifle almost like my old one."



Turning at the word rifle, Charley glared at the red mouse."Where is it?" her voice held a warning pitch.



"Uh, in the hang out.... Locked up..." Mace muttered worried he broke yet another wordless rule.



"Don't worry Charley-girl." Vinnie flopped his arm over her shoulder. "We don't let Mace-y boy play with firearms unsupervised."



Charley wiggled out of Vinnie's reach.



"Yeah, he needs someone to play with after all." Throttle chuckled finally joining the group in the kitchen. Eyeing Mace's clothing he frowned. "You really should do something with your hair."



Running his hands through the tangled mop on his head Mace sighed knowing full well he should brush the medium length hair. "Eventually."He shrugged answering himself more than Throttle.



"So, what's for eats?" Vinnie sat down at the table. "I feel like I haven't eaten in days!"



Shaking his head at Vinnie's choice of words, Mace opened his mouth to say something then quickly closed it. 'Not going to sound like Stoker.' he reminded himself, trying to forget the hunger pains of days without food. "Just be happy you have someone who can cook decently for ya." He grumbled at Vinnie instead.



"Right.... Sure." Rolling his eyes Vinnie turned his head expectantly to the only female in the room. "Well? What's for lunch?"



"Ask Mace. He was here while I helped save your stupid tail again," Charley smiled in good-naturedly humor. "or did Mister Cool forget who was riding behind him, yet again?"



Ignoring the taunt from the very cute Earthling, Vinnie cranked his head to find Mace opening the fridge door. "Bro?"



"Made some stuff, dunno if it's any good." Mace admitted placing a big bowl in the center of the table. "That weird cooking show said it was good."



"You're turning into a regular Martha Stewart." Throttle chuckled looking into the bowl. "Too bad you can't make it look as good as it does on TV."



"What is it?" Modo asked not sure if the brown soupy, stew-like substance was edible.



"It's called Chili." Mace placed bowls on the table while Charley handed out cutlery.



"You're feeding them beans?" Charley whispered into Mace's ear.



"What's wrong with beans?" he turned to her. "They're edible right?"



Charley smiled while nodded. "I have to go check some paper work, see if I can get out for a while."



"Need a lift anywhere?" Throttle asked scooping a glob of guck into his bowl.



"No!" she shouted a little too fast. "No, it's alright guys. You can hang out here or go watch the Cubs live.... Use the multi-stalled bathrooms...." Giggling she left them to eat lunch.



Modo took the first bite. Chewing thoughtfully he swallowed."It's good."



Vinnie and Throttle dug in after a spoonful they both agreed with Modo's assessment.



"It is good." Vinnie said between chews.



"You sound surprised." Mace muttered dishing out a bowl.



"Last time you tried to cook, it broke the forks." Vinnie replied with a wary smile. "I just hope this doesn't break my delicate figure."



"It's not that good." Mace rolled his eyes.



"Yeah bro, to break your figure, you'd need to spend hours playing video games, eating junk food and sitting on your ass every day."Throttle chuckled going for seconds.



Modo dug in for more too. "I dunno, this stuff if great. Beats Momma's homemade Fluffle Pie."



"Hey!" Mace growled. "Nothing beats your momma's Fluffle Pie. That is the best in the universe bro."



Taking a fork with him, Mace left the kitchen.



Vinnie paused. "He ate Fluffle Pie?"



"I think he stole Rimfire's piece once." Throttle tried to remember.



"Naw, I shared when we was in dat battle he brought Flea home from." Modo recalled.



"You shared with him and not me?" Horrified Vinnie dramatically waved his fork. "You said you never shared!"



"You didn't say please." Modo stated.



"Oh." Vinnie shrugged shoving another forkful into his mouth.





Pushing open the office door with his hip, Mace spotted Charley sitting at her desk crunching numbers on her adding machine. "Miss Charley?"



"Mace, I told you call me Charley, not Miss Charley." She replied with a smile.



"Sorry." He walked to her. "I brought you some food, before they eat it all on you."



"Thanks Mace. But you shouldn't feed those guys Chili." She warned making room for lunch on the corner of the desk.



"Why not?" setting the bowl on the edge where she moved her papers from, Mace placed the fork beside the dish.



"In about an hour you'll see, or rather smell." She giggled.



Mace froze. "Oh." Shifting to the doorway he eyed the bros leaning back in their chairs, seemingly done. "That bad?"



"Italian doesn't agree with Throttle all that much, Modo has trouble with Chinese food and Vinnie has yet to find anything that bugs him, the rest of us yes, but him, no."



Mace chuckled. "I see. Want them at the score board then?"



Batting her green eyes she smiled at the un-groomed mouse."Would you please?"



"Kay." Smiling easily he sauntered back to his bros.

"Can we watch the Cubs game live?" he all but pleaded.



Modo sighed loudly. "Bro, you don't have to ask us for permission."



"Modo's right Mace, just say you're heading to the hangout. We'll follow." Throttle smiled pushing back from the table.



"Yeah and if Charley's doing paperwork, she wants us out of the way." Vinnie said in a low voice. "Just don't tell her we know she needs quiet to concentrate."



"Right." Mace nodded trying to understand what Vinnie meant."So, ball game?"



"Sounds good." Modo headed the group to the bikes.



"See ya soon Charley." Modo called starting up his bike.



"Call us if you need escorts to the bank." Throttle hollered over the roar of his bike.



"I will." She replied from her office, the door opened, she waved.



"You'll miss me, admit it!" Vinnie laughed as he popped awheelie racing out the door.



Mace climbed up behind Modo. "Later Mmm...Charley" he waved.



"Later guys!" she watched them go.



*****



Mace had no problems with his cooking. However, Modo and Throttle had spent a great deal of time in the bathroom while Vinnie invented anew air freshener that was far from fresh.



Staying as far away from Vinnie as possible, Mace concentrated on cleaning, oiling and refitting his new firearm.

"Arrgh Vincent!... You stink!"



"That one wasn't me!" Vinnie protested from the balconies open window, he alone watched the game.



"My bad." Modo hollered from the couch.



Shaking his head, Mace locked up his unfinished gun. "That's it. I'm not cooking for you three again." Grabbing his bike keys, the red mouse hurried past Modo and Vinnie to the bikes. "I'm going out, be back before nightfall." He hollered starting up his bike.



"Know where you're going?" Throttle asked as he made his way to the kitchenette.



"Just going to the surplus store." Mace waved exiting the hang out.



Once his tires hit the open road the red furred mouse relaxed, and farted. "oops." Chuckling he followed the back roads to a small unknown side street. A three-story brick building with a barred door and barred windows stood among unbarred buildings. Parking in front of the building with no signs what so ever, Mace sauntered up to the door and rang the buzzer.

A click sounded on cue, Mace pulled open the metal door with metal prison bars crossing its' front.

"Hello?" Mace called shutting the door behind him. "Mister Edward? You here?"



"Of course I'm here boy! Who else would be stupid enough to let the likes of you in here?" A craggy old voice hollered from somewhere in the darkness. Shuffling along the old plank flooring, the stooped war veteran paused only long enough to turn the lights on.



The building lit up revealing the mess of the army, navy and other war stock scattered in pitiful disorganization boxes, piles, and corners.



"Still haven't gotten to clean up down here have you?" Mace asked walking carefully as not to trip on the uneven plank floor.



"If it wasn't for regulations the next floor would look just the same as this one." Edward stated coming into view. Stooped at the back, just about 60, the elderly man with snow-white thinning hair and wrinkled face with a bitter smile did enjoy the company of a war enthusiast such as Mace.

"What are you looking for this time boy?"



"Ammunition for the rifle I bought the other day."



"Ah, was that the Carbine or the Mauser?"



"German Mauser." Mace clarified.



"Back in 'Namwe called those relics." Edward chuckled, "The M1-C sniper rifle with M84 telescope, flash hider and cheek pad was what I used."



"You were a sniper?" Mace smiled as the veteran lead the way to the back stairs.



"Could have been the best there was, but I got cocky, over confident." Edward paused in the middle of the staircase. "That's a lesson to you sonny boy."



"Yes sir." Mace nodded respectfully.



"Good." Edward continued slowly up the stairs to the second floor.



The second floor spread out in two rooms. Each wall held lock display case beside locked display case. Guns of various calibers, makes and models shone behind the glass. Rows and rows of brown wooden cabinets lined the center of the room. Everything was neat and clean.



"Where'd the Ammunition be?" Mace asked looking in a display case holding an M-14 auto.



"Library went all computerized; they didn't need file cards anymore. These old beauties now hold bullets of all sorts." Edward padded the big old wood cabinets.



"Ah." The red furred mouse sighed. "Library's where you rent books right?"



"The drugs have not been kind to you." Edward shook his head in disappointment.



"Never took drugs, it was the prison." Mace replied sharply.



Edward froze, looking at the tall male.



"Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude." Mace hung his head.



"P.O.W.?"



"Yeah, six years."



"This ammo isn't for revenge, is it?"



"No. Just.., comfort." Mace sighed rubbing the back of his neck.



"Plenty of that to comfort, practice in a range?" The old vet asked opening a drawer and pulling out a box of ammo.



"Only place they will let me."



"Good." Tucking the box into his sweater, Edward started for the stairs.



"Do you mind if I look around a bit?"



"Suit yourself." Edward didn't bother to look back at the mouse as he shuffled down the stairs.



**********





With a large filled cargo sack strapped to his back, Mace made the trek back to the scoreboard, hoping it had aired out. The streetlights lit up just as he pulled into the parking lot.



Flaked out on the sofa Throttle turned around at the noise of an engine. "Hey Mace."



"Hey bro." Hefting his luggage to his bunk, he set it down and shoved it under his bunk. Well the edge that fit anyways.



"What did you buy?" Standing the tawny mouse wandered over to the sleeping area. "Looks like you bought the whole store."



"You haven't seen the place yet. Mister Edward won't let me tidy up for him, but he's making deals for a lot of old junk."



Pulling out the box of Ammo from his pocket Mace turned to face his bro. "Where do you keep these?"



"Away from Charley." Throttle smirked taking the box and peering inside. "Yeah, far away from her."



"She doesn't like guns and bullets?" Mace asked following Throttle as he carried the box away.



"Not Earth ones." Placing the ammo in a proper army issue ammo-storage container, Throttle slapped a small pad lock in the lid. "She's not against using a gun, loading or cleaning. She just doesn't want them left lying around."



"Oh." Looking around, gray eyes scanned the hang out."Where's Vinnie and Modo?"



"Showering." Throttle shrugged.



"You already did?"



"Yup, you should too."



With a sigh, Mace grabbed his bathroom stuff from his footlocker and headed to the showers.



Throttle watched the red mouse for a moment longer, then turned back to the couch.





***



Mace walked in to the locker room only to find Modo and Vinnie engaged in a viscous wet towel slapping game.

"Bros done?" he asked, head tilted eyeing both of their nude forms with interest.



Modo and Vinnie froze.

"Hey bro." Vinnie smirked "Yeah, uh all yours." Quickly dropping the wet towel he hurried to dry, dress and leave.



Turning his gray eyes to Modo, Mace hummed sizing the big gray mouse.



Modo didn't get the lopsided smirk Mace was giving him. Modo finished drying and dressing under Mace's steady gaze.



"You know big guy. I can see where the nick name came from."



Modo shrugged on his jeans, trying to ignore the red mouse.



"You ever think about trying out guys? You're the only one Ihaven't seen try to hit on Earth girls."



"That's because I happen ta like mice." Modo replied turning around to face Mace. "Just mice."



Stepping closer to the big muscular gray mouse Mace practically purred. "Just mice?"



Stepping back, Modo picked up his stuff and sauntered out."Just mice." He called smoothly over his shoulder.



With the thud of the door shutting Mace smiled. "Mice." He chuckled stripping. The gloves being the last thing to be shed, freeing his forearms of the pressure wrap bandages, Mace grabbed his puppy shampoo and razor blade before hitting the showers.

---------------------------------------------------------





To Be Continued...

Who doesn't like Mice? ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story