Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > It's War! Aftermath

Chapter 3

by whipblade 0 reviews

Mace is still struggling to adjust. It hasn't been easy for him.

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-11-18 - Updated: 2007-11-19 - 1434 words

0Unrated




Biker Mice from Mars

In

Aftermath of War

By: Whipblade.







Wrapping his forearms once again, Mace slipped on the elbow length gloves he found at the old Army surplus store. He expected Modo to pick up the scent eventually; hence the pressure Band-Aids to soak up the excess blood.



The loud rumble of the motorbikes entering the garage practically shook the building itself with their vibrations. Wondering how the place still stood between the bros play-fights, attacks and the bikes entering and leaving was a mystery. One he didn't contemplate too hard on. Waiting till the engines quieted, Mace pulled on his long sleeve shirt before slowly making his way down stairs. Picking up his jacket off the back of a chair, he shrugged it on.



Chuckling at Vinnie, Throttle turned to see Mace having that lost look plastered on his red face again.



"Hey Mace, want to go for a ride?" Throttle offered.



"I'm good."Mace said looking over his shoulder. "Dinner is on, Hot dogs."



"Awww thanks bro." relief filled Vinnie. "I really didn't want anymore of that chili."



"I didn't want you to have anymore of that chili either." A smile tugged at the corner of Mace's mouth. "Sides, I got to get some more stuff for the next meal, sometime."



"That's nice."Modo muttered as he headed for the kitchen.



Ears dropping, Mace looked over to Vinnie who settled his bike. "Charley went out for some things; she said she'd be back in a few."



"How long ago was that?" Throttle interrupted.



"Ten minutes ago." Mace shrugged, turning around he too went into the eating area. "How are they?"



"Good" Modo replied with his mouth full.



Mace looked at the platter Vinnie and Throttle stated to dig into.



"Dig in bro, plenty for all of us." Vinnie offered.



"Naw, I ate already." Mace lied, walking to the office.



Throttle frowned watching the red tail tip lay limply on the floor. Trying to ignore Mace, he turned to the conversation Vinnie started about, who else, Vinnie.





Mace watched out the window as Charley came into view, riding her bike.



"Hey guys!"Charley greeted lugging a couple of shopping bag into the kitchen. She set one down on the counter.



"Hey sweetheart, bring me anything?" Vinnie winked.



"Not a thing." She replied putting away a handful of cans goods. "Bash some goons?"



"Oh you should have seen me in action sweetheart! I was great, as always." Vinnie boasted.



Rolling her green eyes she smiled. "You always say you are." Heading up stairs Charley dropped her bag onto her bed, looking around her small room, she noted small drops of blood on the carpet. 'Three small drops, nothing to cause concern for.' She thought to herself. Checking in the bathroom, the neat and clean room held no scattered first aid kit or any bandage wrappers in the trash. Heading back down stairs she studied the three guys eating, belching and talking.



"Something wrong Charley?" Modo asked seeing her concern.



"I don't know." She answered walking to the office, where Mace sat staring out the window. "Mace?"



"Yeah?" he turned seeing her puzzled features. He began to worry.



"Everything alright?" She asked resting her hip against the desk.



"Yeah."



The lack of emotion in his voice started to make her wonder. "Did you hurt yourself today?"

Mace looked at his hands, then back to her. "Yeah, cut my self on my bike." He didn't smile, just looked to her.



Charley sighed. "Did you disinfect it?"



"Yellow stingy stuff? Yeah, and washed it, then put a bandage on it. Not that deep." Mace replied easily.



"May I see?"



"It's fine."Mace replied coolly.



Taking the warning in his voice seriously, she gave a nod. "Okay, if it starts to get infected, let me know, please?"



Smiling he agreed easily. "you bet."



Leaving him alone, she headed into the kitchen where the radio chatted loudly. "Guys,"



"Yeah sweetheart?" Vinnie looked up, hand on another hotdog.



"Has anything happened with Mace today?" she asked sitting down with them. Her green eyes watching the limp tail in the office's door way.



"Not that I know of."Throttle shrugged.



"Hrm...." They listened to the news of the radio. Nothing seemed to be happening, but they all had the same lingering need to talk, without a certain mouse listening.



The four of them looked at each other than the red tail.



"That's the news tonight-back to the tunes!" The Radio DJ shouted.



"Rock and ride?" Modo asked.



"Defiantly!" Throttle jumped to his feet, Vinnie giving a whoop.



"What's' going on?" Mace peered around the corner to see them gearing up for a fight.



"Limburger is." Throttled stated.



Charley, also geared up looked at Mace. "Maybe I should stay..."



"Naw, they need you." Mace patted her on the back. "Go on and kick that Plutarkians' fins."



"LET'S ROCK!"Throttle started the cry...



"AND RIDE!"The rest chimed in.



Mace stood still watching their tails sway in the wind. "Yeah, rock and ride." He sighed looking to the ceiling, wondering if he had time.





-------------------------------------



"Where are we going?" Charley asked as the three came to a stop not four blocks away, just out of sight of the Last Chance Garage.



"No where." Throttle replied tightly. "Charley, has Mace done anything other than cook lately?"



"Not that I know of."Looking into those green reflective shades he wore, she frowned. "Why?"



"Something's wrong." Modo frowned. "I dunno why he started to wear gloves, it's only November."



"He hasn't bothered to tinker with his bike; he acts like it's a mere tool." Vinnie stated.



"He cut himself today, wouldn't let me look at." Charley frowned.



"On what?" Throttle asked trying to think of what sharp object was needed to make hotdogs.



"He said his bike." She sighed.



"His bike?" The bros chorused.



"That's what he said." She repeated.



"He brought aload of crap home, All of it beyond useful." Throttle bit his lower lip. "I can't tell if he's home sick or if it's something else..."



"Like.... If he's spying?" Vinnie tried not to sound concern.



"I hope not."Modo took a shaky breath.



"Does he shower with you guys at the scoreboard?" she asked in a somewhat dark tone.



"No, he waits till we're out before he even thinks of striping." Vinnie shrugged. "Figure he's just shy."



"Mace? Shy?" Throttle's ears flicked.



"Could be from the prison."Modo injected.

"Could be."They hummed.



"Doesn't explain why he hasn't once asked how a fight went, he just looks at us and counts us, never asks about injuries. And this ghost friend he has isn't helping." Throttle said looking over his shoulder to the street corner.



"Would it help if I went with him to the surplus store?" Charley offered.



"It'd at least confirm one thing." With a sad smile Vinnie said, his tail tightening around her some.



"I'll stay with him the next battle." Charley stated.



"Throttle.... You don't think he's just missing Flea do you?" Modo asked thinking of Rimfire.



"Modo, if that's all it is, then I'll happily admit I'm over reacting." Throttle said with a smile and then sobered. "Until then..."



--------------------------------------------------------------------------



Mace studied the silver metal object in the palm of his gloved hand. The mere presence of it sent a chill through him. The echoing desire calling to him, the burning pain to know he still existed in the alien world he felt alienated in. Ears perked at a sound, he slid the sharp old razor blade back into its small protective paper and hid it in his boot. "Their back early." He muttered to no one. Sighing loudly he again emerged downstairs and waited; the silence of the garage mocked him. Everything else did too.



"Hey bros!" Mace greeted while popcorn popped in the microwave. "That was fast, movie?"



"Hell yeah!" Vinnie laughed as he bounced towards the lounging area.



"It's War of the Worlds." Mace called to the other three while retrieving the popped popcorn. "The new one with Tom Crazie." Dumping the snack in a bowl, he too settled in for the movie.



Modo and Throttle exchanged dubious looks before joining Vinnie and Mace.



"I'll pass." Charley called. "I'm going to unwind for a bit." She headed up stairs.



"You're out of bubble bath!" Mace called over his shoulder.



"I'll improvise!" Charley hollered backed.



Vinnie chuckled. "Bubble bath?"



Giving a shrug Mace smirked. "It's fun."



Chuckling, Throttle passed the second bowl of popcorn to Modo.



Mace didn't seem to notice the occasional looks his bros flashed him during the movie.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------



To Be Continued

Sign up to rate and review this story