- ...ficwads word count must be broke...i cannot read 6000+ words in under a minute.
Author's responseAh, the joys of speed reading.
After I made that smart ass comment I checked and Ficwad had indeed cut the story off, while displaying an accurate word count. I checked this AM, and what ever it was is working now.
- -wicked laughter- Oh, this Harry is not goign to be subservient to and reliant on Dumbles, and I suspect that Dumbles isn't going to like it (not that he can do much about it - and if he tries to keep Harry there over the summer, he's going to -really- get a surprise). Given the folk that he would've associated with as Tony Stark's adopted son, I don't think anyone at Hogwarts, or in the Ministry, is going to intimidate him. Depending on the analytical and sensor systems he has available to him 'tween his tech suit and his Datapad, I suspect there are a lot of secrets in Hogwarts that are going to be exposed rather quickly. What should be even more interesting is the varied reactions to a muggle-raised wizard who actually -has- electronics that work at Hogwarts. The more bigoted Puerbloods are going to be mortally offended, though I suspect the first to try anything with him will be quite surprised as I can't see the tech suit not having defensive/offensive capabilities in addition to a comprehensive sensor and evaluation fit.
Given the range of interests of Stark International and the "interesting" nature of a number of Tony Stark's friends, I daresay that he's going to surprise Snape in potions. Much to the greasey bat's dismay.
Author's response- Dumbles is going to have substantially less control than he is used to.
- Personally, I'm looking forward to Draco to brag about how rich his daddy is..
- The purebloods aren't going to like Harry's heathen use of technology, that's a given... The question is what can they do about it.
- Snape is one of those who aren't going to like technology
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2007-12-08This is a very interesting start. I hope it doesn't interfere too much with your existing stories, but I know as well as anyone that rampaging plot bunnies shouldn't be ignored.
Looking forward to more.
Author's response- This bunny wouldn't leave me alone. I'm getting to the other works in progress now
- “Documented? By who? I mean I’m the only survivor of the attack; no one else was there and survived. Who came up with this story? And why?
Oh, my, he's applying the principles of logical inquiry to subjects that likely some won't want explored. I rather suspect this will upset a number of folk. Given his ability, his power, his "toys", and his lack of "proper repect" for bloodlines (understandable when you consider the folks he's met and gotten to know, he's truly going to annoy and discomfit a lot of folk.
Oh, BTW, I loved that bit about him beating Reed's record by so much. Given Reed Richard's abilities, I reckon he found that quite disconcerting.
- This was a lot of fun. I hope you stick to it, as I think this could be a great read.
And shame shame, Hermione -- Ivan was a 16th century not a 19th century Tsar.
Author's response- uh, she knew that, it was a test. Yeah, a test to see if the readers were paying attention. yeah. A test.
-Damned fat fingers not doing what the brain tells them to do.
(#) DarkDannyB 2007-12-08damn fine story, i think this is gonna be one of the best crossovers out their, in the same league as potter/moon within the chamber she lies.
I love the way the story is panning out so far, may i ask with whom harry will be paired. will wanda and the reset of force works be making an appearance?
poor reed gettin beat by a kid bet ben and jonny would neva let him live it down. Are you gonna bring in other characters like spider man? black cat? etc.
but thats gettin of point i love this story next chappie next chappie!
- Now this is a potentially very interesting story.
Harry Potter raised by the Marvel superheroes, already trained by Dr. Strange, The Scarlet Witch and Agatha Harkness. Potentially, the boy is already a decade ahead of anyone else at Hogwarts. When you add Tony Stark and Reed Richards' 'toys' to the mix, I suspect that Harry is going to shake up a lot of things, probably mostly without necessarily knowing about it.
We have only started but already things are going in a different way. I can imagine that a Harry who owes much of his training to Dr. Strange would have a more academic/ritual approach to magic, so Ravenclaw is a better approach than Gryffindor. I also expect to see Harry having a Grimoire and using wandless magic. It may also be interesting for Snape having to handle James Potter's son when he does not even use that hated name.
It has been a long time since I last saw anyone refer to Julie Power, Lightspeed of Power Pack. It may be interesting for Hermione when she realises that she has a rival... who is a superheroine ;-)
I will definately be following this story.
Author's response- Thank you.
- Agatha was his principle tutor, with Stephen and Wanda putting in their two cents worth like most professional will when they meet a talented amateur, correcting technique, making helpful suggestions, making sure their resumes are up to date, like that. Harry won't be calling on Demons for his power, power he's got.
- I put him into Ravenclaw because of Tony Stark. This is a Harry rewarded for Academic achievement, not punished. This Harry wouldn't have a lazy chess playing eating machine (who runs out on his friend and love of his life when the going gets tough) for a best friend. Ron will be a bud, but not the best friend. Snape on the other hand will be Snape, and regret it in short order. This Harry will not stand for abuse, and will return the favor 10 fold.
- I always liked the Pack, and Julie (quite frankly) was the only younger than teen aged female Superhero (other than her sister Katie, which would be sick) available at the time (early 90s) for Harry to have the Happies over. Hermione will meet Julie and her siblings when she visits Harry in NYC in a couple of years. Could it be that Crookshanks isn't the only Granger with claws?
- great story! can't rate any more of the good stuff...
i like harry's reaction to hearing about his suposed fame...will he sue the producer of the harry ptter dolls? i mean, if his adopted father is the 4th richest man in the world and they are producing dolls with his face on, don't they need that person's permission?? if it would be my face, i sure would go against it...
i'm excited about flitwick's response to harry's last statement. what he says is true...he WAS the only one there, so why should it be factually documented?? an argument worthy of ravenclaw...
hope it continues soon!
Author's response- Thanks
- The secret behind the dolls will be revealed.
- Flitwick will be asking questions at future meetings...
Sign up to review this story.