Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Is It What You Want? - DEC 21

by AlexSanDee 2 reviews

Kelly spends time with Luke

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-12-21 - Updated: 2007-12-21 - 1956 words

2Ambiance
"You kids be good." Kara laughed as Kelly and Luke got out of the car.
Kelly shot her sister an evil look. Luke said nothing. Kara pulled away as Luke started walking. Kelly ran to catch up with him.
"So why didn't you call me?"
He continued to walk not looking over at her. "Didn't see any reason to."
"Well if you had I would have worn my old shoes." Kelly said looking down at her new Etnies, which were sinking into the mud. Last night's rain had made the almost unrecognizable path very muddy.
"I didn't know I was coming here today." Luke said as he ducked under a low hanging branch.
"Oh". Kelly ducked just in time narrowly avoiding getting hit in the head. "So why did you decide to come here?"
"You looked like you needed to get away."
"Oh" She realized she kept saying the same thing. "I didn't see you at school. When did you see me?"
"I always see you." They were almost to the house.
Kelly caught herself before she uttered "oh" again. She followed Luke up the steps and in through the front door. The main room looked different than it had a few days ago. Now there was a sleeping bag and several candles on the floor. Luke picked up the sleeping bad and spread it out. He motioned for Kelly to have a seat. She remained standing. Luke raised his eyebrows.
"You don't really think I'm gonna try something, do you?"
Kelly shook her head, "No."
"Then why are you still standing?"
Slowly she sat down on the sleeping bag. She watched as he opened his messenger bag and took out his sketchbook. He opened it to a blank page, took out a pencil and began to sketch. Kelly watched fascinated. She couldn’t believe he was so talented
His voice broke the silence. "So why so sad today, Sunshine?"
"Who said I'm sad?" She challenged.
"Your face. At school when you were talking to that Sarah chick I could see the sadness."
Kelly thought back to the conversation he was referring to. "I just get upset sometimes because of the way people think."
He continued to sketch as he talked, "Why do you care what people think?"
She thought a moment couldn’t come up with an anything but "I don't know."
"So what did Sarah think that upset you?"
"I mentioned that I was going to my grandma's this weekend."
"And?"
"Well Donna isn't really my grandma, not yet. My mom and Gerard are supposed to get married in September."
"Supposed to get married?" Luke asked looking up at her.
"I mean they are getting married." Kelly said quickly.
Luke looked at her a moment then went back to drawing.
"So you call Gerard Dad, right?"
"Yeah, how did you know?"
Luke frowned, "That fucker Mike was talking to some of his friends about it."
"Oh" Kelly said softly. "I'm sure he made fun of me a lot behind my back."
Mike didn't confirm this He didn't need to.
Kelly watched him a few moments then asked. "Do you think it's stupid I call him Dad?"
"Why does it matter what I think? Why does it matter what anyone thinks?"
Kelly shrugged. "It just does."
"Do you need their approval?"
Kelly frowned, "I didn't say I did."
"You didn't say you don't." Luke said softly.
Kelly stretched her legs out then leaned back to lie down. She stared up at the peeling paint on the ceiling.
"Having a dad is important to you."
Kelly thought a moment. "Well yeah. I mean Gerard tries really hard to be a good dad for me. He even came off tour when all this shit with Mike happened just so I would know how much he cared."
"He seems like a cool guy." Luke wanted to ask her about the situation with Mike but he figured she would tell him in her own time.
They both grew silent. Kelly liked listening to the sound of his pencil on the paper. She closed her eyes feeling strangely content.
"So what's the story with your real dad?"
The question shattered her good feeling. She didn't answer. When she heard Luke stop sketching she opened her eyes. He was staring at her.
Kelly's voice shook slightly. "He abused my mom for years. When he died we move here." That was all she could make herself say.
"Did he abuse you?" Luke asked setting the sketchbook aside.
The question shocked Kelly. No one had ever asked her that. "No, I thought he was wonderful." She whispered.
Luke scooted over to sit next to her. "You feel bad about that."
"I don't understand why I didn't know for so long."
"Sunshine, you’re not psychic. He probably was very good at hiding the truth."
His words shocked her. She opened her eyes and looked up at him. "Luke, can I tell you something?"
The tone of her voice was so urgent. "Yeah."
"Someone died in this house."
Luke looked shocked and Kelly immediately regretted her words. She closed her eyes again. "I'm just kidding."
He knew by her voice she hadn’t been kidding. "No, you aren't. How do you know?”
Kelly wondered why she had told him. What was it about this boy that made her believe he would understand? She chose her words carefully. “Cause I can feel her here."
"Her?"
"Yeah, she's sad. This house makes her feel safe. She doesn't want to leave it." Kelly full expected him to get up and say it was time to go. Instead when she opened her eyes he was looking around the room as if he was trying to see what Kelly was describing.
"I'm sorry. I should just shut up. I'm weird, Luke." She sat up. "I'll call Kara and see if she can come get us early."
"Why?"
Kelly looked at him. "So you can get away from the crazy girl?"
To her surprise he smiled, "I like the crazy girl. Why would I want to get away from her?"
"You like me?" Kelly whispered.
Luke simple stared at her. "So have you always had this gift?"
Kelly sighed, "No. Not until we moved here. It started out as just feelings. Like before my aunt tried to run my mom down I knew something bad was gonna happen. It was just a feeling. When it happens I hate it. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.”
"Why do you think you have to do anything?"
"Well why would I know these things if there wasn’t some reason?"
Luke shrugged, "So you feel that there is a woman here?"
"Yeah, she's nice but sad."
Luke sat quietly thinking about everything Kelly had told him. He looked over at her. "So these feeling just happen sometimes? I mean you don't always know what's gonna happen?"
"No, just sometimes."
He leaned over quickly and pressed is lips to hers. Kelly was surprised only momentarily. The soft pressure of his lips on hers caused her to close her eyes and simply enjoy. He sat back. "You didn't know that was going to happen?"
She blinked, "No"
He tiled his head and studied her. "So you don't know what I'm going to do now?'
His words caused a shiver to travel down her spine. "No" she whispered.
Luke moved closer and pulled her on to his lap. He placed his fingers under her chin. "Sunshine, I won't do anything you don't want me to do, ever. But I really want to kiss you."
Kelly's voice was breathless, "But you did just kiss me."
"Not the way I want to kiss you. Is it what you want too?"
She didn't even have to give it any thought. "Yeah, it's what I want too."

“I can’t fucking wait until Saturday.”
“Well hello to you too.” Monica laughed. “That was a nice greeting.” She dried off her hands and left the kitchen.
“Just tellin’ the truth, Honey.” Gerard said.
“So where are you right now?”
“We just got back to the hotel. I’m so fucking tired of doing interviews. They always ask the same things over and over. I wanna do an interview with some fans.”
“So do one with some fans.” Monica said as she sat down in the family room.
“Doesn’t work that way. Everything is so fucking planned out.” He sat down on the bed and yawned.
“You sound tired.”
“I am tired. I just wanna come home.”
Monica smiled, “Oh and skip Denver?”
“No, that’s not what I meant. I don’t want to skip Denver and you know it, woman.”
“So what’s the surprise?”
“The Denver surprise? Not tellin’. You’ll just have to wait and see.”
“I talked to your mom this morning. She’s so excited about Elle and Kelly staying with her this weekend.”
“Yeah, I’m sure she is. I’m still surprised Liv is letting Elle stay the whole weekend. I hope Elle doesn’t get homesick.”
“I’ve already talked to Kelly about that. She’s sure she can handle Elle if she does. The only thing that worries me it that if they needed to get a hold of Liv I don’t know what they’ll do.”
“Make her give you a phone number.”
Monica sighed, “Gee, I don’t think she has a phone. Once when I mentioned a cell phone to her she got angry and told me not everyone has one.”
He thought a moment. “Why don’t you get her one of those pre-paid phones? That way if someone needs to call her they can.”
“I’ve thought about that but I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t take to kindly to me buying her something.”
“Well shit, tell her it’s for Elle’s benefit.”
Monica shrugged, “I’ll try.”
“Monica, she’s not bitchy to you is she?”
Monica picked up a throw pillow and rearranged it’s location while she talked, “No, I mean she’s not friendly but she’ not bitchy.”
“Thank you for dealing with her.” He said softly.
“Hey, I have to cause of Elle.” She thought a moment then added, “Gee, I just wish I understood her more. For a long time I hated her because of how she treated you. I gotta be honest though, I don’t hate her anymore. I just sorta feel sorry for her.”
“Don’t.” he said quickly. Monica could hear the anger in his voice. “Whatever is wrong in her life it’s her fault. Don’t feel sorry for her. You’ll just be wasting your time.”
“Are you ever gonna let go of the past? Shit, Gerard what happened between you two was years ago. Let it go.”
Monica’s anger made him hold his tongue. “See what happens. We can’t talk about Liv without getting into a fight.”
“Who says we’re fighting?”
He didn’t answer.
“Fine, I’ll change the subject.”
“Fine” he answered.
Monica really didn’t want to fight with him. “So what are you wearing?”
Gerard felt his anger fade. “Honey, I would love to tell you but Bob just walked in.”
Bob raised his eyebrows.
“Oh damn. Guess I’ll just have to wait until Saturday to tell you what I’m gonna do to you. I’ve been giving it a lot of HARD LONG thought.”
Gerard shifted on the bed away from Bob’s stare. “Not nice, Honey.” He whispered.
Monica laughed, “I never claimed to be nice, Gee. Matter of fact I’m a bad, bad girl.” She laughed again when she heard his soft moan.
Sign up to rate and review this story