Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Brendon Urie, The Friendly...Ghost?

Dear Daddy, I Fell In Love With A Ghost

by smokeandmirrors 5 reviews

Brendon meets Madeline's Dad, and Madeline and Brendon go on something you could consider a date...if Brendon wasn't dead.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-01-12 - Updated: 2008-01-13 - 1179 words - Complete

0Unrated
"I am a dash and you are a dot
When will you see that I am all that you've got
I'm a binary code that you cracked long ago
But to you I'm just a novel that you wish you'd never wrote
I'm greater than x and lesser than y, so why is it
That I still can't catch your eye?
You're a cryptic crossword, a song I've never heard
While I sit here drawing circles I'm afraid of being hurt
Oh academia you can't pick me up
Soothe me with your words when I need your love,"
Madeline sang along to the song currently playing on her iPod as she busied herself cleaning the house, singing into the mop as she cleaned the wooden floor downstairs and matched the artist's voice well enough to impress Brendon, who was currently helping her and singing along with her, being able to hear the music pouring from her iHome. "Soothe me with your words when I need your love..." He sang to her, a silly grin on his lips as she found herself blushing at his singing voice, her hair still in the messy braid he had put it in and the sleeves of her green and white baseball t-shirt rolled up as she wiped sweat from her brow, looking at her handiwork. "Wow...a little elbow grease and some singing goes a long way, doesn't it?" She commented, a smile on her face that made Brendon want to hug her for being so damn cute sometimes. "Yeah, it does. Hey, you know what I noticed?" She turned to Brendon, curls framing her face and her emerald eyes bright. "Hmm?" She questioned the look on his face, he was thinking about something. "You don't have a lot of clothes in your duffel bag...why don't we go shopping?" Madeline laughed. "Alright, two things wrong with that suggestion. One, with what money? Your glamorous Scene Queen has decided to wait until you're gone to pay me and my father, and two, I don't need to shop because I'm fine with what I have." Brendon shook his head in disbelief. "Either you're pretending to be humble or you're seriously the least girly girl I've met."
Madeline blushed at the last bit of his sentence and sighed, giving up and giving in, like she found herself doing so much around him. "Fine, fine, but you still haven't come up with a solution to the first little snag I came up with." "What, money? Go to my room and lift up the loose floorboard underneath the desk. Problem solved. Now come on, let's waste the money I'll never get to spend and Audrey never found!" Madeline grinned and tossed the dirty sponge into the mopping bin and hurried upstairs, only to be interrupted by her father. "Who are you talking to?" He asked her, smiling in confusion, adjusting his glasses and looking around obliviously. Madeline rubbed her temples before turning to Brendon, who was currently laughing at her father's confusion. "Don't be mean, and show yourself." Her father, known as Doctor Harrington could only gape at the ghost of the young man hovering next to his daughter with some kind of silly nervous grin on his face. "Ah, hello sir, sorry we have to meet under um, these kinds of circumstances, but ah...as it turns out..." Madeline took over for Brendon, taking her Dad's hand reassuringly. "He's Brendon, the one haunting the house, I'm trying to figure out why he died for him, and then we'll get paid by Ms. Kitching, she came by Tuesday, remember? He's a musician." She added, though she had no idea why she thought that would make it any better for her father, who was currently taking on the characteristics of a goldfish, his mouth opening and closing and his eyes rapidly blinking in disbelief. "So...previous clients...that was...and that time you asked me to take you to the hospital..." Madeline nodded as her father pieced everything together. "So...any sign of your mother?" He asked quietly, ignoring Brendon who was looking alarmingly at Madeline at the word 'hospital'. Madeline shook her head, looking at the ground. "Dad...she's in heaven...she wouldn't want to stick around here when she could have a better view upstairs...and I think you know that." She spoke quietly, flinching when her father just brushed past her and into the room he'd deemed as his, quietly shutting the door. Madeline took a deep breath and continued walking to her room, searching for the loose floorboard and ignoring Brendon's presence as she took out the money, shoved it in her bag and slipped on some shoes, grabbing her iPod and leaving the house without another word, Brendon having disappeared as she got into her car and drove towards the train station, taking the train to a popular street full of shops.
It wasn't until she was in a pretty indie-style type clothing store that Brendon appeared by her side, giving her tingles and resting his head over her shoulder, looking at the stuff she was picking out. "Green will definitely bring out your eyes, you should definitely get that shirt...man that's crazy, it matches your eyes EXACTLY. Like, EXACTLY the right shade. Amazing shit right there." Madeline threw Brendon a weird look and didn't respond until they were in a dressing room. "What are you trying to do? Cheer me up? I'm fine Brendon. My mother died when I was little, and my deranged drunken father believes she's haunting a random apartment building somewhere. I'm just glad he...well accepted you. One less thing I have to worry about, I guess." Brendon sighed with her, biting him bottom lip as he looked through the clothes she'd picked out. "Just get them, they'll fit you anyway, and plus I saw some kickass Nikes out there with my name on it." Madeline rolled her eyes. "You can't wear shoes!" "Buy them anyway and wear them for me!" "That's a waste of money!" "It's my money!" "Well it...fine." Madeline gave in and picked up the clothes, going over to the shoes Brendon drooled over and picking them up as well, going to the cashier and checking out quickly to yell at him some more outside where no one else was around to overhear.

After watching a movie both of them agreed was too adorable for words, they started walking back to the train station when Madeline spotted a music store and had an idea, stepping inside and looking under the P section of Rock/Pop/Alternative, she withdrew two albums, one labeled A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, and other labeled Pretty.Odd. Biting her lip as she hid them from Brendon's view, she paid for the CDs and left for the train station, quoting the movie they had just seen, giggling and Madeline wondered if Brendon shared her overwhelming urge to just take his hand and hold it the whole train ride home. If only he had a hand to give her.
Sign up to rate and review this story