Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

How Have You Been - JAN 13

by AlexSanDee 1 review

Gerard and Liv talk when she comes to pick up Elle.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-01-15 - Updated: 2008-01-15 - 1830 words

1Ambiance
“What do you really think about Alicia’s news?” Gerard asked as he and Monica pulled into Donna’s driveway. They had arrived home and had stopped at Frank’s where Mikey and Alicia were waiting. They had both been shocked by Alicia’s news. Gerard was especially worried about his brother. He could see the fear in his eyes when he spoke.
“I sorta wish we could have stayed longer and talked to them.” Monica answered. “But I think they were glad to see Frank home so they could go to their own place and spend so time alone.”
“I think so too.” Gerard agreed. After talking a short time Frank had given Bob, Kara, Gerard and Monica a ride home. Monica and Gerard had then gotten in the car and were now picking up Kelly. “Mikey is supposed to tell Mom tomorrow. I hope she doesn’t ask me any questions.”
Monica nodded, “I don’t think she will. I mean as far as I know she doesn’t know Mikey came home early.”
“Yeah, but you know Mom. She has a strange way of just knowing things.”
They got out and walked up to the door. Kelly answered. “Hey you guys are early. Bug’s still here.”
As the mention of her name, Elle ran out of the kitchen. “Mommyca, Dadgee.” She launched herself into Monica’s arms first then into Gerard’s.
“Did you have fun this weekend?” Monica asked her as they walked into the living room and settled down on the sofa.
“Why don’t you all come in here?” Donna called from the kitchen. “I’m making dinner and I want to talk.”
Gerard shot Monica a look. “She wants to talk.”
Elle stood in front of him. “Up”
He laughed and lifted her into his arms. “I gotta carry you all the way into the kitchen? I don’t know if I can. You’re awful heavy.” He pretended to struggle with her weight.
Elle laughed, “Mes not evay.”
Gerard pretended to stumble. “Oh man, you weigh like a ton.” He carried her to the kitchen table and set her down in a chair. “Missed you, Kell.” He leaned over a dropped a kiss on the top of her head.
“Glad you’re home Dad.” Kelly said smiling.
“So tell me about the tour.” Donna said while peeling potatoes.
Monica walked over and begin to help her peel the spuds.
“It seemed really long this time. I’m just glad to be home.” He sat down at the table. “Oh hey, Monica. Mom’s gift is in the car isn’t it?’
Monica nodded. “Yep.”
He stood. “Be right back.” Instead of the front door he went out the patio door. As he rounded the house he saw her.
Liv came to a complete stop. Her heartbeat quickened. She hadn’t expected to run into Gerard. She didn’t think he and Monica weren’t supposed to be back until tonight.
Gerard took several steps towards her. She looked thinner then he remembered. The dark glasses she wore covered her eyes. “Liv” he said softly.
“Gee” She took a deep steadying breath. “I came for Elle.”
He nodded slowly. “She’s in the kitchen. Uh, we just got here.”
Liv nodded. She couldn’t seem to make her mind work. Seeing Gerard had her flustered.
“How have you been, Liv?’ He asked moving even closer.
“I” she paused. “I’ve been fine. How are you?’
He loved the sound of her voice. How could he have forgotten how it sounded? Yeah he had spoken briefly to her on the phone but in person it was musical.
“Just got back from tour. I’m tired.” He wondered why he suddenly sounded so stupid.
Liv smiled, “Touring is rough.” She remembered what it had been like on the road.
“Yeah, it is.” He smiled, “But it’s not nearly as bad as it was when we just had that little van and trailer. Now that was shitty.”
Liv laughed at the memory. How they had all survived was a miracle. The van had no heat and it had been the dead of winter. “It was so cold.”
Her laugh. God, how could he have forgotten the sound of her laugh? They stood staring at each other. Suddenly Gerard had the sensation of someone watching them. He turned to see Monica standing at the patio door. How long had she been there he wondered.
Liv saw her too. “Uh, could you get Elle for me?”
Gerard nodded, “Sure, but why don’t you come in for a minute?”
“No, I’d rather not.”
“Liv, Mom won’t say anything to you. At least not in front of Elle.” He looked away. “I won’t let her.”
Liv tried to hide the surprise she felt hearing his words, “Just for a minute. Elle and I need to be going.”
They walked into the house together. Monica was no longer at the door but back in the kitchen helping Donna.
“Mommy” Elle happily launched herself into Liv’s waiting arms.
“Baby, ready to go home?” Liv asked kissing her daughter on the cheek.
“Mes eady.”
Kelly stood. “I’ll go grab her things.”
“Liv can I get you something to drink?” Donna asked sounding very formal.
“No thank you.” Liv answered in the same tone.
Gerard looked at Liv closely. Her face was bruised. He wanted to ask what had happened but decided it would be best not to bring up the subject. There was an uncomfortable silence in the kitchen. Elle, of course, didn’t notice.
“Mes eated at Chuck Cheese.”
Liv tried not to cringe at the memory of calling during the lunch and hearing that Elle was believed to be missing. “That’s nice, Baby.” She said softly.
Monica glanced over at Gerard. He was studying Liv’s face. “We would like to have Elle stay with us while Gerard’s home.” Monica said quietly.
Liv turned to her. “I’ll call.”
“I’m back for nine days.” Gerard said to Liv. “I really want to spend time with her.”
Liv smiled at him. “I’m sure we can arrange something.”
“Here you go.” Kelly said returning from the downstairs with Elle’s bag. It was obviously much fuller than it had been before. Liv noticed immediately. “What’s all this?”
Donna dried off her hands on a dishtowel. “Don and I took her shopping. We bought her a few things.”
Kelly watched Liv’s reaction closely. She had been right. Liv was angry but she was also hurt.
“That wasn’t necessary.” Liv said slowly trying to control her anger.
“No it wasn’t necessary. We just wanted to.” Donna said.
Gerard tried to defuse the situation. “They didn’t mean anything by it.”
Donna turned to him. “Why would it be a problem? I don’t understand. I’m within my right as her..”
“Elle I forgot your bug. It’s downstairs. Lets go grab it.” Kelly said loudly. She took Elle’s hand and led her out of the room.
Liv watched them go. She really didn’t want to make a scene in front of Gerard. “Donna, Elle does not understand the situation. You have to know that.”
Donna’s voice was angry. “Well just when are you going to explain it to her?”
“Mom, that is for me and Liv to decide.” Gerard said surprising both women.
Monica, who was standing at the sink, shut the water off and dried her hands. “Excuse me.” She said turning and leaving the room.
Gerard watched her go. He was going to follow her when Kelly and Elle returned.
“You ready now, Baby?” Liv asked.
Elle nodded. Liv took her hand and they started for the door.
“Can I drive you home?” Gerard asked softly.
Liv stopped in front of him. “No, thanks. We’re gonna catch the bus.”
“Bye Bye.” Elle said smiling at everyone in the room.

Monica looked at her reflection in the bathroom mirror and sighed. “Can’t stay in here all night” she whispered to herself.
She returned to the kitchen. Donna was at the stove and Kelly was sitting at the table looking glum.
“Where’s Gee?”
Kelly looked up at her. “He drove them to the bus station.”
“Oh” Monica said slowly. She took a seat at the table and pasted a smile on her face. “Donna is there anything else I can help you with?”
Donna turned, “Monica, this thing with Liv needs to be settled. Elle needs to know that my son is her father.”
Monica looked down at her hands in her lap. “You heard Gee. It’s for him and Liv to decide how to handle it.” She stood and walked towards the living room. “Not me. Obviously nothing concerning Elle is any of my business.”

“I’m so glad to be home.” Mikey said settling down on the sofa next to his wife. He pulled her to him and she snuggled up to his chest.
‘I’ve missed being here. I really missed our kids.” As she spoke Bunny jumped into her lap.
“I think you’ve been missed.”
“Yeah, I’d come by to feed them and they’d make me feel guilty every time I’d leave.” She laughed.
“So when is your next doctors appointment?” Mikey asked.
Alicia signed, “I’ve got an appointment with a specialist on Wednesday.”
“That’s good. I’ve got lots of questions for him.”
“Her” Alicia corrected.
Mikey nodded, “Her. I have lot’s of questions for her.”
“Mikey, I’m scared.” Alicia said softly while petting Bunny’s soft fur.
“It’s all going to be all right. We’re gonna have a beautiful, healthy baby.” He dropped a kiss on the top of her head.
“I just wish I could have been further along in the pregnancy before we told everyone.”
“I had to tell Gee. You understand that, don’t you?”
“Yeah, I know. And since Frank and Jamia and Bob and Kara know it wouldn’t be right not to tell Ray and Christa.”
“And my mom and dad.” He hugged her to him. “What about your family? Have you told them?”
Alicia shook her head. “I wanted to tell you before I told anyone.”
“I wish you would have told me as soon as you found out. I would have come home then.”
“It’s too hard for the band.”
“You are more important than the band.”
Alicia shifted in his arms. “Was anyone mad you came home early?”
Mikey smiled, “Actually Gee and Frank had me in a van on the way to the airport before I knew what was happening.”
They sat in silence for a few moments. Finally Mikey spoke. “So what’s the little mama want for dinner?”
Alicia felt tears form in her eyes, “Don’t call me that, not yet.”
Sign up to rate and review this story