Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Envision

The Date

by rachh15 2 reviews

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-01-27 - Updated: 2008-01-27 - 1300 words

1Exciting
That night Zoe looked in the mirror. Hmm she thought to herself. What would Nosey like her to wear? There was a soft knock on her door and she walked to open it. Delilah stood before it and waved hesitantly. Zoe was surprised. Delilah was friendly enough to her but she always kept her distance.
"Hey, can we talk?" Delilah asked.
"Sure."
"Listen Zoe, I know I havent really tried to know you. I guess it was because I knew you liked Julius, and I couldnt say I liked him, because I told him we needed to wait. So I guess my feelings were all jealous like and Im sorry."
"It okay, I always thought you liked him, and towards the time before you started dating him I stopped liking him and starting to have feelings for Nosey."
Delilah smiled and sat on Zoe's bed. "Would you mind if Julius and I doubled with you?"
"No I dont mind, that would be great actually. Im quite nervous even though I've been on lots of dates before."
"Maybe these are genuine feelings, stronger than what you've felt before. I wouldnt really know, I never dated really, if I did it was to make Julius jealous." She smiled looking embarressed.
Zoe laughed. "I bet it worked like a charm. He loves you."
"I know, and he tried to make me jealous too. We had some good times on missions." Delilah smiled at all the memories.
Zoe waved a hand in front of Delilah's face. But the girl was in her own world. Zoe coughed.
"Hmm?" Delilah asked.
"What should I wear? You have known Nosey for a long time."
"Nosey's not picky like that. Anything would be nice. He and Julius are planning the place, and I am not on it either. So maybe a skirt and a nice shirt?"
"Sounds like a plan."
"Well I better go get ready. See you at the front doors in an hour alright?" Delilah told her, and walked out.
"Yeah...an hour. Thats gonna be a rush...." Zoe mumbled to herself and went through her closet.

Nosey stood near the front entrance to the Academy with Julius. He was nervous, even though he knew Zoe liked him too. He just wanted to make sure that she really wanted to date the ''real'' Nosey. He and Julius has planned the most romantic date ever. First they were starting at this new Italian restuarant, then they were taking the girls dancing. Nosey looked at the time. It was 15 after. Nosey was starting to break into a cold sweat.
"They aren't going to show are they?" Nosey squeaked.
Julius burst out laughing. "Calm down, all girls are late. It's called 'fashionably late'"
"Oh." Nosey was embarressed. Julius coughed suddenly and stood up straight. Nosey glanced to his right and there stood Delilah and Zoe. Delilah looked beautiful as always, but Nosey quickly glanced over to Zoe. Zoe literally took his breath away. She worse a flary white skirt and a tight-fitting halter top that was a turquoise. Her hair was still straight, and her normal boots were replaced by white flats. Nosey himself wore dark jeans with a black polo shirt. He couldn't wait till they would dance in the special area him and Julius had worked all day on. He held out his hand and led Zoe out the doors to the car.
Zoe was very aware that Nosey was really cute, but he was smokin' tonight. His normal messy hair was tamed and he smelt wonderful. They had called the backseat and Delilah drove while Julius was in the passenger seat sulking. Julius wanted to treat Delilah to this date as if it was really theirs, but Delilah wanted to drive. Zoe smiled slightly. She saw how happy D&J were and she hoped that she would be as happy as them. Hopefully with Nosey. She loved how he always acted like himself, not afraid to act like a goof. She looked at their entwined hands, and she could barely contain a grin. Her stomach was pumped with adrenaline and she really wanted to know where he was taking her. He wouldn't spill a word. Julius was quietly giving directions to the restaurant to Delilah and Nosey was looking at her when she glanced over at him. He blushed slightly and to her embarressment so did she. They smiled goofily at eachother and Zoe leaned into his ear.
"So what did you guys plan?"
Nosey grinned evily, "Oh no where, we were thinking we would take you guys to A&W for dinner."
Julius burst out laughing, then fell silent, but Zoe could see him beyond the grin. Shee knew at once Nosey was lying. She decided she wanted to push his buttons a little.
"Oh, thats okay, I hate fancy restaurants, its for snobby people." She grinned snidely back at him, her eyes dancing with laughter though.
Nosey frowned, looking concerned. She laughed and rubbed his palms. "I'm kidding. Apparently I could be an actress."
"Nosey glared at her, "not funny." He mumbled, but he was grinning.
The car came to a sudden stop.
"Nice park job Delilah. Try to kill us why dont you." Julius grinned.
"I parked like you!" Delilah smirked at her boyfriend, but she reached over and kissed him. Zoe and Nosey got out first and decided to not wait for them.
Zoe took in all her surroundings. The restaurant was super fancy and the aroma smelt so good. Zoe was literally drooling and Nosey led her to a table outside. The table was set up with pristine white candles and napkins and a white tablecloth. She thought it was stunning.
"Wow." Was all she could say.
"Yeah wow." Nosey replied back looking at her. She guessed he wasn't talking about the table anymore.
They stared at eachother and they slowly moved closer and Zoe leaned in to Nosey, and was about to kiss him when they heard Julius cough. They both glanced up startled and looked at eachother and glanced away. Nosey and Zoe shot daggers at Julius, but he chose to ignore them. Julius held out her chair for Delilah and Nosey did the same.
Dinner was fine, but Nosey realized that he and Zoe didn't talk or look at eachother all through dinner. Nosey tried to catch her eye, but she was talking with Delilah the whole time. Julius noticed this too.
"How's it going?" Julius whispered.
"Not good, what are they talking about?" Nosey asked quietly.
Julius chuckled quietly. "Huh? Oh don't worry about it, I think they are just trying to figure out where we are taking them next."
"Oh." Nosey nodded.
Julius got the check and both men paid for it. All four walked to the car, and this time Nosey drove, with Zoe in the passenger seat. Nosey glanced in the mirror at Julius, and he caught Nosey's eye in the rearview and winked. Nosey calmed down, Julius is okay, so it must be going as planned. He pulled to the side of the highway, and Julius and him pulled blindfolds. They grinned at the girls. They looked bemused as they glanced at eachother.
"Trust us, we wanna show you something." Nosey smiled.

Zoe grinned at him. She was curious to see what the boys had planned. She let Nosey tie the blindfold around her eyes. His touch was gentle and it sent shivers down her spine. He opened his door and walked around to guide her to the surprise.
"Take off your shoes." Nosey told her quietly.
She did, and she picked them up with her free hand. She felt sand beneath her heels and she loved the feel of the soft sand. He pulled off the blindfold and looked around. She gasped.
Sign up to rate and review this story