Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > So Many Kids But I Only See You And I Don't Think You Notice Me

I confess, I messed up droppin' "I'm sorry." like you're still around

by kristinluvspete 2 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-10 - Updated: 2008-02-10 - 1061 words - Complete

0Unrated
Kristin's hands traced over the little bumps on the paper of her book. To anyone else, it would have looked like random bumps, but each set of dots had a meaning which Kristin knew. JJ and Patrick were cuddling on the couch watching a movie, Kristin on the other reading. Partick turned off the light, turned it back on and then turned it off again.

"Ummm.... what?" JJ looked at Patrick all confused.

"Sorry, I realized she was reading, turned it back on, then realized that she didn't need the light to see." Patrick said laughing.

"Wow Patrick, smart," Kristin joked and continued to read. Her sidekick rang and Kristin immediately reached for it and pressed the ignore button.

"Pete?" JJ asked.

"Yep, I set that ringtone for him so I'd know who was calling and whether to answer." Kristin said setting down the sidekick and reading again.

"Kristin, I'm not trying to butt in, but just listen to what he has to say," Patrick said trying to defend his mistake making friend.

"Why? He's with Ashlee and he's not who I thought. I mean, he cheated on her and then feeds me some bull shit on how I wasn't rebound from a fight, then runs right back to her." Kristin said irritated, tossing her book onto the couch.

"He broke it off with Ashlee after that scene in the store that she caused last week." Patrick told the girls and JJ sat up.

"Kristin, call him!" JJ pleaded, knowing that Kristin had fallen for Pete.

"No," Kristin said getting off the couch. "I've got enough drama in my life with the surgery being in one month," she walked off into her room, feeling the walls as she disappeared into the hallway.

"What surgery?" Patrick asked.

"She's having a cornea transplant to try and see. Being blind has been so hard on her. She can't drive, pick out her own clothes or even watch movies. She acts like it doesn't bother her, but it does. She just wants to be normal."

"Bet that's fucking expensive. I hope it works for her. I can't imagine not being able to see."

"Me too." JJ said snuggling back up to Patrick, enjoying the rest of their movie.

____________________________________________________________

'Why won't she just answer me?' Pete thought desperately. She was all he could think about between calls from Ashlee begging for it to not be over. He had known for a long time that Ashlee wasn't right for him, but chose to ignore because he was in love with her. Pete hopped in the shower and just stood there letting the burning hot water run down his tattooed body.

When Pete woke up the next day, he was determined to talk to Kristin. He threw on a hoodie, jeans and some sunglasses and walked out of the house towards the Starbucks. Pulling his hood over his head, he tried to avoid eye contact with everyone that passed.

Once Pete made it to that fateful Starbucks he sat down, hoping that she would come in. 30 minutes and 5 cups of coffee later, she walked in and went straight to the counter.

"Kristin," Pete stood up and walked over to her.

"What Pete?" She turned sounding irritated.

"Why won't you answer my calls. I wanted to appologize for how I acted. I broke up with Ashlee right after you left."

"I know, Patrick told me last night. Look, I told you that I didn't want to be some rebound chick Pete." Kristin paid for her coffee and started to walk back out of the Starbucks, Pete following her as she walked home.

"You aren't rebound Kristin. I left Ashlee because of what you said. You were right, she was so different from me."

"Look, Pete, I just don't want to rush into anything. I've been hurt so many times. I'm always the rebound girl," Kristin said as she stopped and turned towards Pete. "I'm not saying that I don't want you around, I just don't want anything this soon after your breakup."

"That's fine Kristin. As long as I can be friends with you," Pete said softly, brushing some hair out of Kristin's face. "Let me walk you home to make sure you get there ok." Pete walked beside Kristin, his hands in his pockets.

____________________________________________________________

Later that night Pete, Joe and Andy were all playing a round of video games at Pete's when Patrick walked in.

"Hey guys," Patrick said, picking up the 4th controlled to the XBox 360. They began playing Halo 3. "So Kristin is having surgery in a month," Patrick said nonchalantly, knowing that Pete would be interested. JJ had told Patrick that Kristin had only told her and Patrick about the surgery. She didn't want it to become a big deal.

"For what?" Pete sat up stiffly still playing the game.

"Cornea transplant... TAKE THAT YOU ASS!" Patrick shot Andy and he died.

"Fuck," Andy got up, heading to the kitchen in search of anything vegan.

"Won't find anything in there!" Joe informed Andy. The guys always gave Andy shit for being vegan. Andy muttered some kind of curse words under his breath still searching. He finally found some veggies and returned to the living room.

"Is she going to be able to see then?" Pete asked while shooting at Joe.

"Well that would be a good reason the have a cornea transplant Pete," Joe said matter of factly as his character died on the screen.

"Why? Does that make her lose her appeal?" Pactrick inquired.

"No, not at all. There's just so much I would love her to see." Pete's character died with a shot to the head by Patrick.

"I win!" Patrick tossed the controller onto the couch.

"So you got one month to win her over til she sees how ugly you. Good luck man," Joe patted Pete on the knee, getting up to take a hit.

"Fuck you," Pete laughed. But sadly, Pete felt that Joe was partially right. Once she had her vision back, Pete might not be so appealing to her. I mean, Pete knew he was good looking, but he wasn't much taller than her and he knew the type of guys that she could get. The thought of her dating someone else made him nauseous. 'One month' he thought as he continued his assault on the TV screen.
Sign up to rate and review this story