Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Make Things Right - FEB 14

by AlexSanDee 1 review

Phone calls to home

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-02-14 - Updated: 2008-02-14 - 1616 words

0Unrated
“I’m so fucking tired.” Gerard said dramatically as he fell onto his bed. Bob looked over at him and rolled his eyes.
“Yeah all that singing’s got to get to you. Shit, you should have been a drummer. I get to sit through the entire concert.” He threw the wet towel Gerard had dropped on his bed at the singer’s head.
Gerard laughed, “That’s true. Like all you do is sit and hit drums. How hard can that be?’
Bob shook his head, “Shut up and call Monica. I’m gonna take my shower now if you haven’t destroyed the bathroom.”
“All I did was take a shower.” Gerard said frowning.
“And make a fucking mess, no doubt.” He shook his head and crossed over to the bathroom. Gerard waited until he heard the shower running to take out his phone and call Monica. He figured she’d be making dinner about now.
“Hey” She answered.
“How’s my girl?” Gerard asked trying to picture her in his mind. “No, wait. First tell me where you are.”
Monica laughed, “Okay. I’m in the kitchen.”
“I was right. I figured you’d be making dinner.” He reached for his cigarettes.
“Wrong. I’m not making dinner. Kelly and Elle are making dinner.” Monica smiled at the two girls hard at work putting on the finishing touches of their homemade pizza. She giggled seeing Elle arrange the pepperonis in a pattern.
“What are they making?” He suddenly felt very homesick.
“Tell him what’s for dinner” Monica said holding out the phone.
“Pizza” Kelly and Elle both yelled.
“Oh man, I want some.” Gee said closing his eyes. “Can I come home?”
Monica laughed, “You’re not gonna start whining already. You’ve only been gone a few days.”
“Almost a week.” He corrected her.
“Oh really. I hadn’t noticed.” Monica kidded.
Gerard smiled to himself. It was nice when they could have stress-free conversations like this. “Oh, you’ve missed me.” He said, “Big old empty bed.”
“Who says it’s empty?”
Gerard shook his head, “Funny woman. So how’s Elle doing? He wondered how it had gone when Liv dropped off Ell but he didn’t want to mention her name.
“Just fine” Monica answered as she got up to move into the living room where she could talk in private,
“Where are you now?” He knew she was moving. He could hear the sound of the girls in the background lessening.
“Gee, maybe you could have just put a tracking device on me.” She laughed. “Then you’d know where I was.”
“Baby, I wish I was there with you.” He said from his heart. “I miss my family.”
Monica sat down and closed her eyes, “Your family misses you. Now, how was the concert?”
“It was fucking awesome. The fans were really into the music.” He started laughing.
“What?”
“Someone threw a bra on stage.”
“Oh let me guess you picked it up?’ Monica said joining in his laughter
“”Well yeah. I said I’d wear it after the show.”
“Gee, you are bad.”
“Monica?” he suddenly sounded very serious.
“Yeah?”
“I like talking like this. It’s nice not to argue about anything.”
She understood, “Me too. I miss you so much.”
“I miss you too. Give the girls a kiss for me.”
“I will. Now get to bed.”

Kara sat in her room staring at the pink walls. She missed Bob with all her heart. Downstairs she heard Kelly and Elle laughing. What a happy family she thought bitterly. Now Gerard had everything he ever wanted. So why then would he mess it up? Kara didn’t know why, she just knew in her heart he would. Her cell rang bringing a smile to her face.
“Hey, husband” she answered happily.
“How’s my wife? Did she have a good day?” He sat down briefly wondering where Gerard had wondered off. Probably down talking to Mikey.
“It was okay. School was boring as usual.”
Bob heard the unhappiness in her voice, “So what’s got you in a blue mood?”
“My husband is gone. I’m trapped in the pink nightmare and oh, yeah I have another sister living here.”
Gerard had told him Elle had moved in today, “Kara, don’t take out you anger at Gerard on Elle.”
Kara sighed, “I’m not. I really like the kid. I’m just angry at the world but enough about me tell me how your day went.”
“I never hear enough about you.” Bob said softly. “I wish I was with you right now.”
Kara closed her eyes, “I wish I was with you right now in our own house, in Chicago, far away from here.”
Bob frowned when Gerard wandered back in with Frank following him. They both were involved in some band related conversation. “Kara, I’ll call you back later, okay?”
“I know it’s time for you to go to bed. You need your sleep.”
“Yeah, well if I can get these idiots to shut up I will.” He shot Gee and Frank an evil look.
“Oh is Bobby talking to his honey?” Frank laughed. “Hey Kara.” He yelled across the room.
Kara laughed, “Tell Frank I said “Hey” and get some sleep.” She said hearing Bob yawn.
“Will do.” Bob answered. He lowered his voice “Love you.”
“I love you too.” Kara said softly, “Always.”

Mikey sat on his bed just enjoying the silence. Frank had taken off with Gee so he decided to call Alicia while he was gone. He wanted to listen to her voice closely to make sure she was all right.
“Hi” He said when she answered. He couldn’t believe how just hearing her voice made him smile. God, he missed her.
“How’s my boy?” She asked happily.
He felt himself relax, she sounded good. “I’m okay. Just enjoying a few minutes to myself.”
“So where’s Frank?”
“Off talking to Gee. I’m not sure what about and I don’t care. I’m just glad they’re getting along.”
“Yeah, so it’s pretty stress free so far?” She worried about Mikey trying to keep peace between everyone.
“So far, so good. What did you do today?” He needed to hear about home.
Alicia laughed, “Not much. Visited the cats. Baby-sat Jamia, the normal. I was thinking about calling Monica but I know this was the day she was signing the papers to become Elle’s guardian.”
Mikey nodded, “Not only that, Liv already brought Elle to her. Gee said Monica is sorta upset about everything.”
“Yeah, Jamia and I have been talking about that. I worry about Monica. She loves Elle so much but she hates that Liv is leaving her. The whole thing is fucked up.”
“Maybe you should talk to her tomorrow. Just kinda keep in closer touch.”
“Yeah, I will.”
“So how are you feeling?” Mikey asked.
“I feel good.” She knew he was worried, “Really, I do.”
“Good.” Mikey said relaxing even more. “So when is your next appointment?”
“Not till next week. Stop worrying, everything is gonna be fine. I’m starting to get over some of my nervousness. I even picked up a book of baby names today.”
Mikey smiled, “Oh yeah? So did you pick out a name for a girl and boy?”
“Don’t need to pick out a boy name.” She said sounding very confident. “We are having a girl.”
Mikey laughed, “You’re sure?”
“Totally sure.” She answered. “You and I are gonna have a beautiful little girl.”
He closed his eyes and tried to picture the child while Alicia continued to talk about her.

“I just didn’t know what to say to her. I felt terrible.” Christa said. She had just told Ray about Monica’s visit. While she hadn’t repeated anything Monica had told her in confidence she had given him a brief description of the conversation.
“Monica tries so hard to make things right for everyone. So you haven’t talked to her since Liv dropped off Elle?”
“No, I think I might call her later. Just to see how she’s doing.”
Ray looked over at James who was engrossed in a magazine. “Try to stay close to her if you can. She came to you because she needed someone to talk to. Make sure she knows you’re there for her.”
“I am here for her.” Christa said with determination. “I can understand how she feels. Everyone else, including you, has such hatred towards Liv. That just makes it harder for Monica. She wants to do what’s right but it’s hard when everyone is telling her how fucked up Liv is.”
“She is fucked up.” Ray said
“Ray, just stop. I’ve heard the stories about what happened to Gerard when he was with her but have you ever stopped to think part of it was his fault. He’s an adult. If he did what she wanted it was his choice.”
“He did it because he loved her so fucking much.” Ray said with such emotion that James looked up from his magazine.
“I know that.” Christa said ignoring his tone. “But even now he can’t seem to break free from her hold. You’re not saying it’s because he still loves her, are you?”
Ray sat back and thought a moment before answering. “I know how much he loves Monica but sometimes I wonder how her really still feels about Liv.”
Christa sighed, “I do too and that just makes me what to cry for Monica.”
Sign up to rate and review this story