Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Make Damn Sure - FEB 27

by AlexSanDee 1 review

Moncia calls Bert, Mikey and Gee talk, Luke and Kelly talk about what almost happened.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-02-27 - Updated: 2008-02-28 - 1599 words

1Original
So gonna take pity on me once more and help?” Christa asked looking at the mound of moving boxes.
Monica sat down her cup of coffee so she could butter the toast that had just popped up. “Sure, Elle and I could do that. I want to talk to you anyway.”
Christa heard something in her voice, “More problems?”
Monica thought back to last night and the contents of Liv’s box. “I need to get some things straightened out in my life once and for all.”
When she didn’t expand on that statement Christa said, “Okay, well I’ll be here waiting.”
Monica told her they would be over later after the girls left for school. She disconnected, finished breakfast and felt the knot in the pit of her stomach growing.

“So how’s Monica?” Mikey asked his brother after he took a seat next to him in the van.
“She’ good.” He answered looking up from the graphic novel he was reading.
Mikey looked out the van window and thought about Alicia. He wished he was home right now. “What did she say about the adoption idea?’
Gerard closed the book, “We are still talking about it.” He looked at his brother. “Why do you ask?”
Mikey smiled nervously. “Just wondering.”
“Has Alicia said something about it? Did Monica say something to her?”
“Not really” Mikey hedged.
Gerard sighed, “Just tell me.”
“Really Monica hasn’t said anything to Alicia other than she knows how much you want this to happen.”
Gerard was shocked. “This idea isn’t just for me. It’s for Monica. I know how badly she feels that she can’t have anymore kids.”
Mikey fiddled with his phone he held in his hand, “Gee, she feels bad she can’t give you a child of your own.’ He lowered his voice, “Like Liv did.”
“But that doesn’t matter to me. A child that Monica and I would raise together would be ours.”
“I agree. But you need to make sure Monica understands where you’re coming from. Alicia and I talked about it. Monica tries so hard to make everyone happy, you know. I know she’s thrilled that she has Elle now but we’re worried what will happen if something changes that.”
Gerard leaned back and closed his eyes. The lack of sleep was starting to get to him. “Nothing is gonna change. I have a feeling we will keep Elle. I don’t think Liv wants to be a mother to my child anymore.”
Mikey was shocked by his words, “You think Liv left Elle because she’s yours?”
Gerard shrugged.
Glancing back out the window, Mikey wondered just how stupid his brother could be sometimes.

The girls had left for school and Elle was busy with the building blocks she and Monica had purchased yesterday. Monica smiled watching her construct a tower. Elle had been so excited when they had picked out the blocks. It was obvious she hadn’t had a lot of toys in her life. Once again Monica wondered what kind of life she and Liv had lived. When they had been at the grocery store Elle had been surprised when Monica had paid for their groceries with cash. Judging by what Elle had described Liv must have been using food stamps. The thought that she and Elle had been surviving on such a limited income bothered Monica. Why hadn’t Liv asked them for help?
She walked into the kitchen and took out he phone. He answered on the third ring. “Hey, Monica. How are you?”
“I’m fine Bert. How are you? I’m not calling at a bad time am I?”
Bert laughed, “I always have time to talk to you.” He called out to someone he’d be back in a few minutes the spoke again. “So what’s up?”
Monica didn’t know where to begin. “Bert, do you know where Liv is?”
He was shocked by the question. “What do you mean? She hasn’t taken off again, has she?”
Crossing the kitchen Monica took a seat at the table. “Yeah, she has but she left Elle with me.”
Bert sat down on the rock wall surrounding the patio. The warm California sunshine beat down on him. “What? I’m confused. How long has she been gone?”
“A couple of days. Before she left she made arrangements for me to be Elle’s legal guardian.”
“Legal guardian?”
Monica sighed, “She came to me and said she met someone who offered to take her to California. I thought it might be you.”
Bert shook his head, “Fuck it ain’t me. Are you saying she just left Elle with you and took off?”
“Yeah she did but it seems wrong.”
“It’s seems fucking wrong.” Bert lit a cigarette and tried to digest the information Monica has just given him. “I can’t imagine her leaving Elle. She loves that kid.”
“She told me that everyone was right about her. That she is a bitch and a whore. She said that she was tired of trying to be something she’s not. That she wanted to leave Elle with me because of that.”
Bert couldn’t believe this. “Monica, I don’t know what to say. Liv’s always been unpredictable but I know how much she loves Elle. Fuck, I hope it doesn’t have anything to do with drugs.”
“Drugs?”
“Well I paid off the one drug dealer but what if there are more she owes money too? Maybe she’s trying to protect Elle.”
Monica thought a moment. “Bert, you know where they were living. What was it like?”
“Low income housing. Not a great neighborhood.” Bert said picturing the place in his head. “I offered her money to help her out but she wouldn’t take it. Shit, I gave her money but I know she wouldn’t take it from me so I told her it was for Elle.”
Monica remembered the sealed envelope in the box. “She left an envelope for Elle. It’s possible the money is in it.”
“Or she might have used it to get out of town.” Bert said darkly. “I don’t suppose she left a number where you can reach her.”
“I had given her a cell phone but she packed it in one of Elle’s bags.”
“Shit, I don’t know what to say.” He paused a minute, “I hope she’s okay.”
Monica could hear the concern in his voice. “Tell me where she was living. Maybe a neighbor will know something.”
“I got a feeling Liv kept to herself but I can give you the address.” He waited until Monica got a piece of paper then recited the address to her. “Monica, keep me up to date, okay?”
“I will. If you hear from her please let me know.”
Bert snorted, “She ain’t gonna get a hold of me. Not after I tried to keep her away from Bamboozle.” He leaned back and titled his face to the sun. “You know the last thing she said to me? She said I was wrong about her.”
“Wrong?” Monica asked.
“Yeah, wrong. I told her I knew she was trying to break you and Gee up. That her motives were bad.”
“Bert, what do you think now?” Monica asked softly.
He thought a moment, “I have no idea. Something is wrong about this.” He said echoing Monica’s thoughts.

“How much trouble did you get into?” Luke asked Kelly as soon as he walked up to her locker.
‘Mom’s pretty pissed. The police made it sound like we were having sex.”
Luke lowered his voice, “Sunshine, we were pretty fucking close to it.”
Kelly smiled, “I wish the police hadn’t shown up. I wish we had.”
“I’m glad we didn’t.” Luke told her honestly.
“Why?” Kelly asked suddenly feeling like the air was sucked from her lungs.
Luke reached out and took her hand, “Cause when we do it will be beautiful. I don’t want to have to worry about not having protection. I promised to always take care of you and I will.”
The halls were starting to thin out. “I have to get to class.” Kelly said sadly. “Did you get into trouble with your dad?” she asked as they turned to walk towards their next classes.
“He was fucking pissed. Told me he’d beat the shit out of me if I ever went near that house again.”
Kelly was shocked, “He said that?”
Luke nodded, “He meant that.”
“Now we have no place we can go.” Kelly said sadly. They reached the Art Room. Before going in Luke squeezed her hand.
“Sunshine, my Dad’s gonna be going out of town next week. He’ll be gone for several days.”
“So no one will be home? What about your brother?”
Luke sighed, “Got picked up last night on drug charges. He’s gonna be in jail a while.”
“Oh” Kelly didn’t know what to say. “I’m sorry.”
“It’s okay. I told you he’s fucked up.”
The bell rang and Kelly started to go into the room. Luke grabbed her hand to stop her. “Sunshine, I told you because I want you to know there will be a place for us to be alone. But I want you to really think about this. Make damn sure you are ready cause next time I’m alone with you I’ll be ready.”
Sign up to rate and review this story