Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Hush Little Baby, Your Dads Are Alright

Read The Directions

by wheresyourheart 2 reviews

A nice evening at the beach doesn't end so nice.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-03-01 - Updated: 2008-04-09 - 741 words

0Unrated
Tegan had live in Gerard and Frank's home for two and a half weeks, yet Gerard knew hardly anything about his daughter. What he did know was that she was living in Saltillo, Mexico when Lynn had fallen down the stairs and broke her neck, that Tegan's favorite color was purple, she couldn't sleep without her stuffed pig (cleverly named Hammy), and she didn't know how to ride a bike. English was her first language, but she'd spoken Spanish much more and was around people with that accent, causing her to speak the way she did.

And when Frank came over and kissed Gerard hello, both were unaware that Tegan was sitting behind them playing with Hammy, and they learned that her mother had taught her that a boy dating a boy was bad. Very bad.

So the three of them sat around the kitchen table and tried to explain that it in fact was completely normal. She sat with her hands folded in front of her on the table, and didn't even blink, nodding at the right moments. It was as if she wasn't eight, but thirty, sitting in a buisness meeting.

Gerard asked if she had any questions.

"If it's not bad, then how come you guys don't kiss in front of people? How come you don't even hold hands or say that you love eachother when there's other people?"

Frank and Gerard just sat there. How could they explain that not everyone thought that being in a gay relationship was absolutely okay?

"Tegan, not everyone is as... some people just..." Gerard started, looking at Frank for help. But he sat there, unresponsive and looking very uncomfortable. So Gerard said, "Some people are just jealous that they don't have someone that loves them as much as we love eachother."

Everyone was silent.

"Daddy?" Tegan said.

"Yes?" he answered.

"Um, am I dismissed?" she asked him.

Gerard wanted to laugh. Sure, Lynn was very professional and strict, but what did she do to brainwash this little girl? Since when were kids so.../ behaved/?

Gerard laughed. "What do you say we take a trip to the beach?"


___________________________
At around five, Gerard, Frank and Tegan arrived at South beach. It was a nice beginning-of-summer evening, the kind where it was still too chilly to go without a sweatshirt and yet you could feel that summer was soon to kick in, with temperatures warm enough to cook eggs on the sidewalk.

Tegan was dressed in a pair of pink capris with a pullover sweatshirt that had flowers all over it. Her hair had taken Gerard and Frank fourteen tries to braid, but it did look good.

The three of them went into a store near the peir before heading out the the beach. Tegan picked out a red ladybug kite and was beeming. She'd just scarfed down a whole medium-sized peir fry--- practically impossible for such a skinny girl.

"How the fu---" Frank stopped himself. He couldn't figure out how to put together the kite for the life of him.

Gerard pulled out the directions from the box. "Maybe if you read the directions, /lovely/," he said with sarcasm.

And the kite was flying in just five minutes. It really had to be a record.

Tegan was running up and down the beach as the sun was setting. Hardly anyone was around except for them. So Gerard linked his hand with Frank's, lightly squeezing his hand. Frank looked around nervously. If anyone saw us right now...

Gerard seemed to read his mind. "Relax." He said smiling. "There's no one even around."

Smiling to himself, he thought about how he would introduce Tegan to real American ice cream. She would love it. And he could buy her whatever she wanted... he couldn't wait for him and Frank's future together, raising his daughter. All these good thoughts, and he almost didn't think about Lynn. About senior year, when she was a freshman. As far as he knew, no one knew the whole story. He was so busy with his thoughts that he hadn't noticed Frank pull away so quickly, hadn't noticed anyone approach, hadn't heard what they'd said.

"Excuse me?" Gerard said politely, assuming the group of thirty-something-year-olds were just fans, or maybe wanted to ask the time.

"I said," a man on the right, who had short brown hair and looked like he was a jock back in the day, "/you are a fag/."
Sign up to rate and review this story