Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Listeners

All about detail

by natzlovesyou 1 review

=)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-03-10 - Updated: 2008-03-10 - 832 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5

I closed the door behind me and waited for Frank to the same. He shut his door and placed the key in the ignition, turning it so that the car roared in response. He placed his left hand firmly on the wheel and his right one on the side of the passenger's seat, inches away from my shoulder as his head turned to his right and he started reversing out of the parking lot. I could smell a mix of deodorant, ciggarretes, antibacterial soap and some fruity shampoo. My eyes wandered over the car, it was so clean and neat, with such a lack of personal touch that there was no doubt in my mind that it was rented.
The car's wheel finally ran over the pavement leading us out of the busy hospital parking lot and into the highways of freedom and, hopefully, some good coffee and a bagel. Frank stretched his arm and turned on the radio, choosing some punk rock station but leaving the volume in its minimun.
"So...where are we going?"
"Starbucks is good" I replied, Starbucks being my usual choice.
"So generic..." He mumbled, obviously making fun of me.
"I like options, okay? And Starbucks is the place to go. Plus, you're supposed to be a huge fan of Starbucks yourself" I said without thiking.
"Oh, you're the kind that searches the net to look for what I like, read, listen to, eat, drink, and what not?" He smirked.
"I do /not/. It's not my fault that you're always featured in some part of a good music magazine."
"Right, right. If that's what you need to say..."
"Egocentric narcissist" I snapped.
"Abusive bum" He replied back, laughing maniacally.
"That was mean" I said with a pout.
"Oh look who's talking!"
"Whatever..." I murmured and focused my attention on the window instead.
He pulled over in a spot riht beside Starbucks. I opened the door and started walking towards it with Frank right beside me. As I pushed open the glass door a couple of girls in their teens stared at him.
"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, Iero" I whispered.
"Yeah...I had forgotten about this. Let's be quick."
We walked to the counter and Frank placed his hand flat against it, getting the attention of the girl infront him.
"Hey. We would like a tall caramel frappuchino and..." Frank turned around to see me.
"Oh...and a sugarfree, vanilla diet frappuchino"
"Yes, and one of those" Frank said, raising his eyebrows.
"/What/? They are good!" I said as we walked towards the place the girl behind the cash register had pointed. I could feel the stares of jealous girls behind me, they where so powerful that I was starting to feel dizzy.
"Whoa, I didn't think you where the one with the mild concussion" Frank said as he wrapped his arms around me, preventing me from falling straight to the floor.
"I got dizzy, that's all"
"Maybe it's all of this 'sugarfree diet' stuff" He said, handing me my cup as we sat down on a booth.
"What are you insinuating?"
"Well, you are skinny..." He commented, looking at me upside down.
"That's my natural contexture. Stop staring!" I said, slapping the table.
"You're funny..." He said in a thoughful way.
"You're quite different from what they say you are, Iero"
"Would you stop calling me that? It's weird."
I took a sip from my beverage, "But I like it." I said, staring into his eyes.
"Fine" He said without looking at me and then standing up and getting us napkins. He handed me one, took one for himself and left a couple more between us and he continued to stare at his cup. He looked flustered.
"Did I say something wrong?" I asked, playing with my cup. He shook his head and stared at me.
"No. I just remembered something..."
I took my cellphone out. It had passed almost two hours.
"We should be gettin back,"
"Yes" He said, without letting me finish. Both of us stood up and went to his car. He took out his cellphone and dialed a number. He pressed the phone to his ear and his right hand gripped the wheel.
"Hey. Sorry I didn't call earlier" I heard Frank say in an apologetic voice.
"Yes, Paul is fine. He had a mild concussion."
He was listening to whatever the other person was saying attentively.
"I don't know. I went out for a coffee with Tanith."
He frowned.
"Tanith. I'm sure you've heard Paul and me talk about her. She's in his band.Lead singer"
He listened.
"/Yes/."
Silence.
"Of course. Take care".
"Seemed to be a painfull conversation." I commented, playing with a strand of my bleached hair.
"Jamia's all about detail" Frank said sarcastically.
"I take it that means jealous"
"If only jealous was cruel enough..."
I laughed at his preocuppied manner. I extended a hand and ruffled his hair.
"You're funny" I said, smiling.

Sign up to rate and review this story