- Well, that's an interesting inspiration and an even more interesting story that looks at how her life might have happened without Harry and absent the threat of Tommy-boy; rather a distopian view of things but, I fear, all too accurate a view of how the world would've developed if Harry and Tom had done a mutuatl take-out the first time.
Author's responseReally? XD I think it leaves a lot of room open for a continuation - maybe her magic doing a transferrance. What do you think?
- Yess, I can see where it leaves plenty open. Would it be this Hermione transferring into the other, more active one, or that one seeking a bit of respite, moving into this one, or a blending of the two to make them both more effective, or at least potentially more effective? Lots of possibilities there.
Author's responseI agree. ^-^ I'm more likely to go with Hermione being transferred to Other-Hermione. I'm not sure, though, and I'm bogged down as it is. Dammit. Maybe I should stop taking requests for a while. I've got fics to write for you, ty soglasna, Itachi, Pyric, Joji Sada, Insomnia, Holyfant, Lyanvis, MitsukoHyuuga, and a few others on top of trying to write the next chapter of TAATYDU and study for my finals. Ack. I really need to get the ones I've got out - so, yeah, no more requests for a while. That should help.
- Wow... two updates in such a short time... guess I have to follow through on my threat and write another one... I'll have to get on more often. It'll probably be kinda parodical though, because everything I write quickly ends up a parody.
Author's responseParodical? I've read them...how are they a parody? I think they're full of thick, creamy, angsty goodness. Like doughnuts.
...No, not like doughnuts. I don't like doughnuts.
Yeah, I've posted a couple of them quickly. I'm trying to write through my block, but I've got finals coming up. I think I may just have to take a break and hope that it's gone by the time I come back. You know, when it's fresh. I've got to study; scholarships to keep and all that. sweatdrops
- Anyway, now, a proper review.
I adored this.
Hermione was rather well played out. You seem to have a knack for converting her into an emoish kind of person. gets rotten fruit thrown at her Just kidding, my god!! I just mean that she is very well written and well thought out, the kind of hermione that could have/would have been. that opposite mirror, that reflection of what should have been. I think it's good. you are a little sub-par on this one, but for someone on a writer's block, this is excellent.
Author's responseThanks! I'm glad you aren't pissed about the wrong fandom - I seriously didn't notice that until I reread your review when I was trying to tell you that I'd posted it.
Does this site have story alert - or author alert?
Anyway, I'll definitely write you another if you demand recompense. And this time I'll wait until the writer's block (damn you! shakes fist) blows over.
(#) Clell65619 2008-04-22Most interesting start of a story... If it were to continue, your response above indicates a transferrance, this beaten damaged Claw!Hermione translating to another reality? What might make for a more interesting story would be a Harry Potter to appear in her home, a fugitive from a reality where Voldemort won, and his magic bringing him to an analog of his lost love...
Author's responseThat IS a good idea! But I don't know how that would change anything - what would the plot be? Hm. I'll think on it. What I was originally thinking of was Claw!Hermione being magicked into war!Hermione's body - maybe becoming the dominant personality because the original is trapped...or transferred the moment an AK hit her, and no one notices. Recieve memories, maybe. But that might make it too easy... As for the Harry/Mione: it's possible, but I don't do love well. Actually, I don't think I've ever written a fic where the couple is happily-ever-after together. My closest was probably Truth is an Empty Word, Luv, and it is nothing but self-deceit, lack of hope, and delusion. In any case, possible is my final answer.
Sorry. Was brainstorming. Anyway, I may use your idea. I'm not decided yet, and if I do write it, it will definitely be after my finals. explodes
- That is a very interesting idea there, from clell65619. I enjoyed this fic thoroughly. About your story alert/author alert question, to saphira, yes, this website does have it.
To author alert, you go to the auther's home page and click on add to alerts. to alert a story, you go to the bottom of the page and click add to alerts.
Author's responseThanks! For both your praise and your help. I don't really read here. I post and reply to my reviewers. That's about it.
- Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I've been like that too. You're the only one I keep up with, because I put you on my alerts. you'll do fine on your finals, I hope, I know that pressure.
Author's responseReally? is touched
Yeah, my professors are evil. Soooo evil.
- Well, that's their job, isn't it? To be evil and make students hate them? And get money for it?
And yes, really.^^
Author's responseYeah, I know. I think I may even take their place one day, if lawyerhood gets boring. Complete the cycle, you know - and I'd get paid for being sadistic. ^-^
Sign up to review this story.