Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > One dance to remember

Thick Glass

by The-one-and-only 1 review

Where are they? What happened to...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-04-22 - Updated: 2008-04-22 - 798 words - Complete

2Exciting
I was slowly waking up. It took me a while to open my eyes. I forgot what had happened for a couple of seconds but it all came rushing back. I looked around me, realizing that I was in some sort of thick tinted glass room. Then I saw Delilah on the floor in the corner.

"Delilah!" I yelled. I quickly rushed to her side and held her close in my arms. Looking at the glass more carefully, I saw that it was somewhat transparent. I could see other rooms like this one, with other people from the Academy in them. Al and Scarlet were in the room next to ours, so I tried talking to them through the glass.

"Are you okay kitten?" Scarlet asked.
"No. well, i'm not hurt or anything, but I need to know what's wrong with Delilah. She hasn't woken up yet. Do you know what she got injected with?" I was praying that she knew the answer, and whatever the answer is, that it wouldn't kill her. Wait! I thought. What if that needle contained something that would... No! Julius stop thinking like that! I looked down at her, her body still in my arms. I started stroking her hair. She's going to be fine.

"She got injected with some sort of poison. I think she'll wake up, but when she does, I need you to be strong no matter what happens..." she said, knowing what will happen to Delilah when she wakes up.

"What? Why? What's wrong with her? What will happen?" I asked, getting worried. She was about to say something, but then Delilah started to moan in pain, eyes wide open, gabbing on to me like she was holding on for her life.
"Delilah! It's okay, i'm here. What's wrong? Delilah?" I asked, holding her tight in my arms like i'd never let her go.

DELILAHS' POV:

When I woke up, all of that pain started coming back. It was horrible. I was sitting on Julius's lap, and I just held on to him, trying hard not to scream. He asked me if I was okay, but I couldn't speak. Everything hurt; I just wanted the pain to stop. Julius held me tight in his arms. I could tell he was hurting inside, watching me in this condition. Suddenly, I was able to talk.

"Julius! Help me. Please! Eevrything hurts! I feel like people keep shooting me over again!" I started to cry. "Make the pain stop. What's inside of me?" I said through sobs and moans.

"It's okay Dee. I don't know but I'll figure out a way to make it stop. I'm so sorry Delilah. You're like this because of me." he said. I swore I saw a tear run down his cheek. This was torture for him also.
"How's it y.y.your fault?" I asked. I let out a small scream of pain.
"I should of pushed you behind me and taken that needle for you. I'd take your place any day." he said.

"Julius, its n.not your fault. None of us had t.t.time to react. it all happened so fast..." I moaned in pain, and continued. "... I know y.you would do anything to protect me, but I don't know what I would d.do if you were in this position. Whatever happens..." I was starting to lose consciousness. "... I l.l.love you"

"Dee. I love you too." He said while wiping the tears off my face. We were about to kiss, but then I felt this massive pain throughout my body, worse than ever. I screamed and the last thing I saw was Julius's worried look on his face screaming my name.

JULIUSS' POV:

"Delilah! No not again!" I said. I couldn't believe this. I thought. I couldn't believe how much pain she was in. I'm going to find an antidote as fast as I can, and if I run into Ursula, oh she's going to regret doing what she did. I carefully laid Delilah on the floor, using my sweater as a pillow, and I started kicking the glass trying to break it. Unfortunately, the glass was too thick.

I remembered the laser Scarlet gave me on my last mission, and that it was in my pocket. I reached inside. There's nothing there. I searched the rest of my pockets. Everything was gone, even my blackberry.
"Al! Scarlet! We have to get out of here!" I said. "Delilah needs help!" A couple of tears ran down my face. I couldn't stand watching her like this, even if she was unconscious.

"No one's going anywhere gumdrop." a voice said from across the hall. It was Dr. Dismay.

****
On to the next chapter!! :D - Thanks for reading people!
++ The-One-And-Only ++
****
Sign up to rate and review this story