Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Nearly As Much - MAY 16

by AlexSanDee 3 reviews

Aftermath of the funeral

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-05-16 - Updated: 2008-05-16 - 1742 words

1Moving
The next day Gerard went through a whole gamut of emotions. One minute he was angry with Monica for not telling him the truth he knew she was hiding from him. The next minute he would convince himself that she would tell him but not now. Not while he was on tour and so far away from home. He was like a man possessed with demon thoughts and the rest of the band stood by not knowing what to do.
"Have you talked to Monica?" Ray asked Mikey as soon as he got the opportunity to speak to him alone.
"Not for a few days. I do know that Gee called her last night. Alicia told me that Monica was happy cause he'd called"
"He doesn't look happy." Ray glanced across the room. Gerard was sitting on the sofa with his eyes closed. "The talk with Monica was good?"
"Alicia said that Monica seemed happy he called. She didn't tell me anything else."
"Well at least he called her." Ray said trying to convince himself that things were getting better. "That's a step in the right direction."
"What's up?" Bob joined them.
"Talking about Gee." Mikey said softly.
"Kara is staying at Donna's." Bob informed them. "She says she just can't go back to the house right now. Too many memories of Liv."
"So Monica's alone?" Ray asked.
Mikey shook his head, "Think Bert is still there. Alicia said he was there this morning when she called."
"I'd have thought he'd have taken off." Ray said.
"Me too but I guess he's worried about Monica." Mikey guessed.
"Hey, I talked to Frank a bit ago. He was asking about Gee" Bob said
Ray nodded, "So did you lie so he won't worry?"
Bob laughed, "Can't lie to the little fellow. He can always hear it in my voice. I was shocked he went to the funeral."
"I was too." Ray nodded in agreement. "Got a feeling though that those back home know a lot more about Liv than we do. Frank said he'd heard a lot of things that made him understand a lot more about Liv and her actions.”
"Kara really liked her." Bob said sadly, "She was pretty devastated when she died."
Ray sighed, "I hated her for so long it's kinda hard for me to understand they way people are feeling about her now. I just remember how she treated Gee. I remember the hell she put him through."
"I just hope he doesn't put Monica through hell." Mikey said suddenly. "She doesn’t deserve that shit."
The others agreed. They all hoped now that Liv was gone Gerard would move on totally and leave the past behind.

"Holy fucking shit." Mikey exclaimed loudly. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me."
Alicia hoped he was alone. What she'd just told him was something she was hoping could be kept quiet, at least for now. "I saw it earlier but I knew you were on stage so I had to wait to call." She explained.
"Fuck, that is messed up." Mikey said. It suddenly dawned on him that he was attracting attention. Ray moved across the hotel lobby.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
Mikey shook his head, "Tell you in a minute." he spoke into the phone. "What are they saying?"
"Just that it's Gerard’s fiancée in Bert's arms."
"Did they mention they are at a fucking funeral?" Mikey asked trying to control his anger.
"Oh yeah. That's getting talked about a lot too. They know Liv was Gerard's old girlfriend. So there's lots of speculation as to why Monica is there."
"This is so messed up." Mikey said sadly, "Does Monica know?"
Alicia scooted the cats off the sofa and sat down. "I don't think so. I mean I haven't told her but I know Kelly is on the Net a lot. I'm sure she's gonna see it. I know she'll understand there is nothing bad about the picture but I don't think it's right she'll see the shit that's being said."
"What is going on?" Ray asked again. He could see how upset Mikey was becoming.
"Hey, let me call you back." Mikey said into the phone. He disconnected then explained to Ray how pictures had been posted on the Net of Liv's graveside service. Several of them were of Bert hugging Monica.
"Hey, that's shitty but the photos are innocent." Ray said.
"Sure they are but can you just imagine some of the shit that's getting said? No one understands the situation. All they see in the photos is Gerard's fiancée at the funeral of his ex-girlfriend hugging Bert."
Ray shook his head sadly, "What do we do about Gerard? Should we tell him?"
"Holy fuck, I don't know." Mikey said. "I don't know anymore what is gonna set him off."
"It will be worse if he finds out we know and didn't tell him." Ray said thinking out loud.
"Tell me what?" Neither of the men had noticed that Gerard had turned the corner and stood near enough to hear.
Ray took a deep breath, "There are pics on the Net of Liv's graveside service."
"What the fuck?" Gerard exploded, "Why in the hell would anyone take photos of that? What kind of a mother fucker would do that?"
"A sick one." Ray agreed.
"How the fuck did they even find out about it?" Gerard demanded to know.
"Got no idea." Ray said, "They even got photos of Bert hugging Monica and they're trying to make something out of it."
Gerard suddenly went still, "Bert hugging Monica?"
Mikey tried to step in, "Gee, you know he was just comforting her. He loved Liv. Both of them are really hurting about her death."
Gerard took a deep breath, "Yeah, I know." He turned and made his way to the elevators.
"Well fuck." Ray said as he watched Gerard disappear behind the closing elevator door, "Fuck."

"I can't believe the mean things people say." Kelly said talking to Luke on the phone. "I was over on one of the MCR sights and saw the pic of Mom and Bert at the cemetery. They are saying shit like Mom and Bert have something going on."
Luke shook his head, "Hey, want me to come over? I can sneak out. My old man fell asleep in front of the T.V.”
"No I don't want you to get into trouble. If you do then you won't be able to come over in the morning and help Bug and me move back home."
Luke hated that she was upset. He just wanted to hold her in his arms and tell her things were gonna be okay. "I'll risk it."
"No." Kelly said, "Don't. I'm fine. I just don't know what to do? Should I tell Mom?"
Luke thought a moment, "Think she'll find out?"
"I don't know. I'm afraid she might. Lots of times she pulls up sites to watch videos of the concerts. She might stumble across the pics."
Luke had a bad thought, "The pics won't upset Gerard will they? I mean I'm sure he trusts your mom."
Kelly couldn't believe that her dad wouldn't trust her mom. "No I'm sure he would just get pissed about some of the shit that's being said."
Luke hoped she was right but a small part of him could understand if the photos upset Gerard. He knew how he would feel if he saw a photo of Sunshine being hugged by another guy.

Gerard lit a cigarette and started looking around the Net. It didn't take long to find the photos of Bert and Monica. He scrolled down and started reading the comments. Disgusted he moved to another site had had more pictures. The first one up showed a closer view of the service. He spotted the huge bouquet of wildflowers and it took his breath. He knew Bert had taken care of all the funeral arrangements. That information had been in one of the voice messages Monica had left. Shit, Bert had given Liv wildflowers. The wildflowers that belonged to them. He turned away from the screen feeling empty.

Bob explained the situation to Kara after Mikey had filled him in. As expected his wife was upset. "Holy crap." She uttered. "What kind of a sick person takes pictures of a graveside service?"
Photos on the Net were something that still caused Bob anguish. He could still remember all the pain they'd caused Kara when he and Gerard had been photographed with Eliza and Katlin. "A very sick person." Bob said softly.
"I guess I should tell Mom." She explained the situation to Christa was sitting nearby. "I don't want to tell her. She's got enough shit to deal with."
Bob closed his eyes dreading what he had to say, "We're not sure how Gerard is taking this."
"What?" Kara said
"We think he might be upset. Seeing photos of your mom and Bert hugging might piss him off.”
“Fuck. That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. He’s got to understand they were comforting each other.”
Bob tried to explain, “I understand that and you understand that. I think he will too. It’s just that you need to remember that Liv messed around with Bert which is what originally caused the huge fight that broke up Gee and Bert’s friendship.”
“So?” Kara said trying to understand.
“So I’m guessing that Gee might look at the photos and remember that. He might think that something is going on between your mom and Bert.”
“Okay he’s officially and idiot if he thinks that.” Kara said angrily. “Bert and Mom are grieving. Bert loved Liv with all his heart.”
Bob agreed, “I know. Gee is just in a really bad place emotionally right now.”
Kara’s anger got the best of her, “Oh yeah, like he’s the only one. He needs to fuckin’ wake up and realize other people are in an emotionally bad place right now too. God, he such a moron.”
Bob didn’t know what to say.
Kara sighed, “I’m gonna go back to Donna’s and talk to Kelly. Guess we should prepare Mom for the wrath of Emo Boy.”
“Kara.” Bob said gently, “Remember how much your mom loves Gerard.”
“How can I forget?” She said sadly, “Too bad I don’t think he loves her nearly as much.”
Sign up to rate and review this story