Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans

The Lies We Tell Ourselves

by MsKinnikufan 1 review

Terra and Raven both have a set of daily lies. (dark femeslash)

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Raven, Terra - Published: 2005-05-11 - Updated: 2005-05-11 - 240 words

-1Illiterate
The Lies We Tell Ourselves
By Ms. Kinnikufan
Disclaimer: We both know we know that I don't own the characters.

Terra pull her long blonde hair away from her right eye. A look in the mirror revealed a purple-blackish blemish.
She told herself she deserved it. The black eye really wasn't a blemish, it was a helpful reminder.
Every time Raven secretly hit her, she would remind that Terra once betrayed the Titans., and that Beast Boy sacrificed his life so that so could break free of her stony prison.
It's her penance. Her road to true redemption. Raven hits her so that she can be redeem and achieve true inner peace. Raven hit her because she cares.
These are the lies Terra tells herself as she stares in the mirror.
Raven tells herself that it's all Trigon's fault.
"If I wasn't half demon, I could keep myself from hitting Terra in private. If it wasn't for Trigon's blood, me and Terra would have a perfectly healthy normal relationship." Raven tells herself daily as a pep talk.
Besides it's not like Terra is a perfect little saint either. She betrayed the Titans and Beast Boy did died so that she wouldn't be stuck in a stony prison forever. Nobody who had such a sacrifice done for them should go without guilt, Raven justifies.
Raven has her own set of lies.
Sign up to rate and review this story