Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

That's Just Life - JUNE 2 (follows May 31)

by AlexSanDee 4 reviews

No summary please just read.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-02 - Updated: 2008-06-02 - 1438 words

5Original
The next two days passed without any communication between Monica and Gerard. It saddened Monica to realize that in her heart she felt this silence was for the best. This whole situation was something they needed to address in person.
Kara had quietly moved out of the house and was now in her own apartment. She had invited her sisters and Monica over Thursday night for dinner. It had been a bittersweet experience for Monica. She was proud that Kara had made the dinner herself with no mishaps but at the same time she couldn't help but feel her daughter had been forced from her home because of the situation between herself and Gerard.
Friday morning Monica was frying bacon when Kelly appeared for breakfast, "Mom, Luke and I have a date tonight."
"Any special plans?" She asked turning from the stove.
"We're gonna see a movie." She walked over to the refrigerator and got out the carton of orange juice.
"Home by midnight." Monica reminded her.
"I know.” Kelly laughed. "Uh, do you think it would be okay if I called Dad?"
The question caught Monica off guard. She understood that Kelly wanted to talk to Gee but with things they way they were she wasn't sure it was a good idea. What if, in his anger, he said something that hurt Kelly? "I think the band’s pretty busy today and I know they have a concert tonight."
Kelly could tell her Mom didn't want her to call. "Maybe tomorrow?"
Monica nodded, "Yeah, maybe tomorrow."

The band had just gotten back to the hotel after taping a TV appearance. Gerard went directly to his room and pulled the blinds. For the last few days a suffocating feeling of dread filled his every waking moment. If only he could go back and change things.

Kelly had left for school and Elle was at the table eating breakfast when Christa called. "Hey, how's it going?"
Monica poured herself another cup of coffee then sat down across from Elle. "Need to do laundry but that's about it. Elle and I do lead exciting lives don't we?"
Christa laughed, "About as exciting as mine. Wanna come over and help me set up for Jamia's shower?"
Monica frowned. With everything going on she'd completely forgotten about it.
"You forgot, didn't you?" Christa asked softly.
"Yeah, I did. Damn guess I have to add ‘buy a gift’ to my to-do list." She smiled at Elle who had a Cheerio stuck to her cheek. Reaching over she picked it off. "I'm sorry I didn't give you and Kara any help with it."
"Hey, don't worry about it. Kara really did more work then me. She took charge"
"That's good. Have you talked to Alicia recently?" Monica asked changing the subject for the moment.
"I talked to her yesterday but she wasn't feeling very good. Not that she told me that but I could hear it in her voice."
"I'm worried about her." Monica said sadly.
"Me too." Christa agreed, "She's really upset about how bad Mikey sounds when he calls. I know the stress can't be good for her."
Monica prayed Gerard wouldn't do anything to cause more stress for Mikey. Not now. Not while Mikey's actions were affecting Alicia. "It will be good to see everyone tomorrow." Monica said suddenly. She had missed her friends.
"Yeah, it will be. So gonna come over?"
Monica took another sip of coffee, "This afternoon okay?"
"Sure, anytime." Christa said. "Tell Elle I'll get the toys out."
"I will. See you later." She had just put the phone down when Elle crawled up in her lap. "Done with your cereal?"
"Mes done." Elle answered as she snuggled into Monica's arms.
"Wanna help do the dishes now?'
Elle shook her head, "Mes wanta Mommca to hug mes."
Monica was surprised, "What's wrong, Baby? Do you feel okay?" She touched Elle's forehead but felt no fever. Elle didn’t answer. Sadly Monica realized what was wrong. Elle missed her mommy. She felt lost and alone. With a heavy heart Monica acknowledged that was how she felt too.

Kelly and Luke sat at the lunch table making plans for their date.
"So decide what movie you want to see?" Luke asked.
"I don't care. You pick." Kelly said looking down at her phone.
"Sunshine, what's wrong?" Luke asked softly.
Kelly looked up at him. "Sorry I'm just sorta distracted. I really wanna talk to Dad but he's really busy today."
Luke hated to see her look so unhappy. "So why not send him a text?"
"I thought about that. I'd really like to hear is voice, you know? But maybe I'll do that. I can always talk to him tomorrow. I just want to make sure he's okay."
"You mean because of what's going on between him and your mom?"
Kelly picked up a french fry and popped it in her mouth. She chewed slowly giving herself time to think. "Well that but I'm just worried about him. I can't explain." She gave a disgusted sigh.
"Hey, it's okay" Luke said grabbing her hand. "I'm sure things are all gonna be okay"
Kelly wished she could feel the same way. She flipped open her phone and while Luke watched she composed a text. "There." She said when she was done.
"Now, Sunshine. Decide on a movie." Luke said hoping to cheer her up.

Gerard stood slightly away from the others while they waited for the photographer to set up. He was tired and angry.
"You okay, man?" Ray moved over to where he stood.
"Yeah, I just wish they had their shit together. I'm tired of waiting."
Ray's phone vibrated and he saw that it was Christa calling. He moved down the hall to speak to her.
Gerard leaned against the wall. His eyes snapped open when his own phone vibrated. He took it out and saw it was a text message. His heart pounded wondering if it was Monica. It was instead a text from Kelly. He read it, then read it again. His eyes burred and he quickly wiped them before anyone else could notice.
The photographer’s assistant appeared to tell the band that they were ready. Gerard pushed off the wall and pocketed his phone. He began to step foreword when Ray's voice stopped him in his tracks. "You are a mother fucker." Ray spat.
Bob pushed his way in between them. "They're waiting for us." His voice held warning of the people now watching the incident.
Ray glanced over at Bob, "Yeah, don't matter anyway. I've got nothing for him." He walked away without a backwards glance.

Monica couldn't help the feeling of dread that now filled her soul. Something was wrong, really wrong. Christa had called an hour ago and had asked if she could come to see her soon but without Elle. She had refused to say more only that it was very important. Elle had been very unhappy when she had left her at Donna's and had broken into tears when Monica was leaving. Now as she neared Christa's she felt her heart racing. Had something happened in Europe? Was Gee okay?
Christa opened the door as she walked up the path. "Hey, Monica."
"What's wrong?" Monica asked in greeting.
Christa closed the door behind them and walked into the living room. She had practiced what she was going to say in her head but now it was gone.
"Christa? Is it Gee?" Monica's voice shook.
"I don't know how to tell you." Her own voice was filled with despair. "I was on the Net earlier." She walked over to the computer. "I'm just so fucking angry. I called Ray and told him it wasn't right. That I had to tell you." She was rambling.
Monica followed her to the deck feeling sick, "What? Tell me what?"
Christa pulled up the page. The video was already downloaded.
On the screen Gerard was wearing a hoodie Monica had never seen before. The hood was pulled up. His stance, Monica knew, was angry. The sound began.
"I understand you are engaged" the young man said.
Gerard put up his hand to stop him, "Actually I'm not engaged."
This clearly confused the interviewer. "Oh I'm sorry." he stuttered.
"That's okay" Gerard said, "Things happen, that's just life."
Christa hit the mute button to silence the video. "That was done on Tuesday."
Monica stood completely still. It was if her breath had been forced from her body. "I.." she closed her mouth. There were no words to speak. It's over she realized. It's over.
Sign up to rate and review this story