Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Come Back - JUNE 9 (follows June 5)

by AlexSanDee 7 reviews

Luke finds Kelly, Monica snaps, Gerard leaves a voice mail.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-09 - Updated: 2008-06-09 - 1819 words

5Moving
Luke reached the sidewalk. He was dismayed when he saw no sign of Kelly. Where would she go? He'd heard the last part of the conversation and understood that she was terribly upset. The only thought in his mind was to find her.

Kelly couldn't clear her mind. So many thoughts and emotions were making it nearly impossible to concentrate. God, she didn't even want to be with Luke right now. She just wanted to be alone. Cutting through several alleys she found herself headed in the direction of the place that had once been a sanctuary. It didn't matter she'd promised never to go there again. Obviously promises didn't mean anything. They were just words spoken without truth. He'd promised they were a family. Now it was all gone. Kelly cut across another road and quickly ducked into the woods. She was sure no one would see her. Tears filled her eyes and blurred her vision as she pushed her way through the thicket. Thorn bushes scratched her arms and legs but she didn't notice. The pain in her heart overshadowed everything else.
When the abandoned house came into view she began to run. She wanted to feel safe again. It held memories that she hoped would ease this pain. Once inside she realized it had been a stupid, childish idea. Just like her belief that Gerard would always be there for them. How stupid she'd been to believe he wanted to be her dad. Just like her real father, he hadn't really loved her.
The sleeping bag she and Luke had left was still on the floor. Walking slowly she tried to catch her breath. She sank to the floor and closed her eyes. Why did it have to be this way? How could she have been so wrong about him? Kelly wiped her eyes and pulled out her cell phone. When the call went to voice mail she left a message from her heart that was filled with pain and confusion.

'Ding-dong' At the sound of the doorbell Elle flew across the room and climbed on the sofa. Leaning against its back, she peeked thru the curtains.
"Kawa, Kawa. Mommyca. Is Kawa. Huwee."
She scrambled down from the couch and ran to the door, excitedly hopping from foot to foot. Monica shooed her out of the way before opening the door.
"Hi, Mom."
"Why didn't you just come in? Since when do you ring the bell?"
Kara opened her mouth to explain that she no longer felt comfortable just walking in under the circumstances. Instead she lapsed into an uneasy silence.
"Kawa!" Elle pushed past Monica and hugged Kara around the legs.
"Hey, Small Fry." Kara stroked Elle's hair and smiled gently.
"Let's not stand here all day." Monica spun on her heels and retreated back to the kitchen. The girls followed, Kara quizzing Elle about her activities. Monica returned to preparing vegetables for dinner while the girls sat at the table still talking. Monica listened to their conversation willed her hands to stop shaking.
"Momica. Kawa needs a cookie."
Monica turned, arching an eyebrow. "Kara needs a cookie?"
"Yes." Elle said in all seriousness, nodding her head for emphasis.
"And do you need one, too?"
"Otay!" She looked supremely pleased that her ploy had worked.
"How 'bout you take your cookie and go finish the movie you were watching?"
"I don wike it." She pouted.
"Then we'll pick another one out." Monica grabbed a cookie and reached out her hand to help Elle down from the chair.
Elle ignored her hand and tumbled down. "Kawa come too?"
"No, I want to talk to her. She'll come watch with you a little later."
Satisfied with that answer Elle grabbed Monica's hand and left.
Later, as Monica returned to the kitchen she paused at the doorway and watched Kara eating her chocolate chip cookie. She smiled as she saw Kara diligently eating the center out of the cookie, saving the browned edges for last, something she had done since she was young. Monica closed her eyes, once again seeing her girls as children; the laughter, the simplicity, a better time. She took a deep breath, opened her eyes and willed herself not to cry. Kara was drinking her milk. Over the edge of the glass, her eyes following Monica as she went to the sink. Monica didn't say anything as she resumed chopping vegetables.
"Mom, where's Kelly?"
Monica hesitated. "She's with Luke."
"Oh, sorry I missed her." She nibbled on more of the cookie, carefully picking out chocolate chips. " I heard about the interview." Monica's hands stilled and she visibly tensed. "I'm sorry."
"Are you?" Monica asked without turning around.
"What?"
Monica turned around. "You heard me. Are you really sorry? Did you come over here to gloat? You've wanted this from the first. You never liked him. You never wanted us together. I bet you're really happy, aren't you? What took you so long? Did you call everyone you knew first?" Monica's voice rose and became more strident. Kara, stunned by the tirade tried to protest but Monica didn't allow her any openings. "Why are you here? Why? Go back to your new life Kara. Your perfect husband and your perfect apartment. Just go home."
Kara fled thru the house, Monica's words ringing in her ears. Neither she nor Monica saw Elle as she cried, watching Kara leave. "Kawa, come back."

Gerard left the stage and wanted nothing more then to go back to the hotel and sleep. He didn't want to think, he didn't want to speak. He just wanted to sleep. He just wanted to forget about everything.
"Gee." Mikey called out. "Wait up."
Slowing down he waited for his brother to catch up to him.
"Wanna get something to eat?" Mikey asked hoping that they could hang together and talk. He hoped Gerard had meant it when he'd said he needed him. He wanted to help his brother.
"Mikey, I'm wiped out." Gerard said honestly. "I just wanna get back to my room and crash."
"Oh, okay." Mikey said struggling to understand. "Okay if I catch a ride with you?"
Gerard wanted to say no but she saw the hurt look in his brother's eyes, "Sure."
They walked down the hall together and out to one of the waiting vans.

He spotted her curled up with her eyes closed as soon as he walked into the house. For a moment he simply stood still and watched her. The relief he felt was overwhelming. Quietly he moved across the room and lay down beside her. He slipped his arms around her and pulled her to him.
"Sunshine, don't ever scare me like that again." He whispered.
"I'm sorry." She said is a small voice.
Luke looked down and saw her arms were scratched and bleeding, "We need to get you home."
"Not yet." She said softly, "I just can't go back there yet."
He understood. "It will be okay." he gently kissed the side of her neck. "You'll always have me." He hoped with all his heart she believed him.

After saying goodnight to Mikey in the hall, Gerard entered his own room. He took a quick shower then sat down on his bed. He reached for his phone intending to call Monica. He wanted her to know he was never going to tell Mikey. She'd been right. He saw he had a voice message. His heart caught when he heard Kelly's voice.
"I believed you. You told me we were a family. I believed you loved Mom and Kara and Elle and Me. Maybe you just love Elle cause she's really yours. I don't know anymore. I don't know lies from truth, I only thought I did." There was a pause and he knew she was crying, "I love you. That is truth....Goodbye Gerard."
He closed his eyes and her words faded. She no longer called him dad. He'd lost Kell just like he'd lost everything else in his life.

Monica gently placed Elle in the bed next to Kelly. She had fallen asleep, as Monica had read her a bedtime story.
Kelly whispered, "I'm sorry about running off today."
"I know." Monica said quietly. She had simply hugged her daughter when Luke has walked into the house hours later with Kelly at his side.
"I just had to get away." Kelly tried to explain.
Monica covered Elle then walked around the bed to Kelly's side. "I'm glad Luke was here and that he knew where to find you."
Kelly was surprised her mom hadn't been upset when she'd learned that she'd gone back to the abandoned house. "I didn't know where else to go."
Monica understood. Kelly now felt like she did, a stranger in a house that was once a home. "Tomorrow we'll talk more, okay?"
"Mom, what's gonna happen? We aren't gonna lose Elle are we?"
Monica was surprised by the question. Gerard wouldn't try to take her would he? "I don't know." She answered honestly. "But I've made some decisions we will talk about tomorrow."
"Are you going to Jamia's baby shower?"
Another question that surprised her. "God, I forgot. No, I'm not." She couldn't stand the thought of facing everyone right now. She didn't belong with them now. She was no longer engaged to Gerard. It pained her to realize she no longer belonged.
"I think you should go." Kelly said softly. " Alicia, Christa and Jamia are your friends."
Monica couldn't explain her feelings. "I can't."
Elle rolled over in her sleep and softly cried out for her mommy. Kelly and Monica exchanged a look of sadness. "When are you going to tell her?" Kelly asked.
"I don't know." Monica answered sadly. This was something that she and Gerard were supposed to handle together. Now it was something she would handle on her own. Overwhelming sadness filled her. "Get some sleep. We'll talk in the morning."
When she reached the door Kelly quietly called out. "Mom"
Monica turned to face her. "The three of us will be okay."
"I know we will, Honey." Monica answered before shutting off the light.
When she reached her bedroom Monica saw that she had a voice mail. Her heart stopped when she heard his voice.
'"I didn't tell Mikey. I never will. I love my brother too much to hurt him."
Monica closed her phone then slid into bed. At least he'd realized how much he still loved his brother. As happy as his decision made her she couldn't help but replay Kelly's question in her head. Would Gee try to take Elle from her? He would never be able to deny the love he'd had for Liv. Elle was a beautiful reminder of her mother. It saddened her heart to realize that is he chose he could take Elle and there was nothing she could do to stop him.
Sign up to rate and review this story