Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

The Last Night - JUNE 10

by AlexSanDee 8 reviews

Jamia's shower.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-10 - Updated: 2008-06-10 - 1901 words

5Moving
Monica had breakfast waiting for Elle and Kelly when they walked into the kitchen. "Morning girls." She greeted them trying for their sake to make things as normal as possible.
Both girls wandered over to the kitchen table and sat down without a word.
Monica placed the cereal boxes down on the table. She had already sat out their bowls and spoons. Grabbing the milk from the refrigerator she said, "I've got some things to take care of today. Kelly, I need you to watch Elle."
Kelly yawned, "I thought we were gonna talk."
Monica nodded, "We will but I need to handle some things first. If you decide to take Elle to the park make sure you have your cell phone with you, okay?"
"Pawk?" Elle was suddenly more awake. "Mes goes to pawk."
Kelly yawned again, "Is it okay if Luke goes with us?"
"Sure." Monica agreed. She grabbed her keys off the counter. "I'll be back later. If you need anything call me."

"What's wrong with Kara?" Alicia whispered to Christa as they were tying balloons to the mailbox.
Christa glanced up to see Kara helping Frank walk a very pregnant Jamia into the house. "She didn't tell me but I'm sure it has to do with Monica."
"I wish she was coming today." Alicia said sadly, "I called her and tried to talk her into coming but she said she just couldn't. I don't care if she's not engaged to Gerard she'll always be family to me."
"I know." Christa said as she tied another knot to secure the string of balloons. "It just seems so wrong she's not here with us."
"I'd like to smack Gee." Alicia said plainly.
Christa laughed, "Well if we're being honest, so would I."
"Maybe he'll come to his senses when they get back." Alicia hoped.
"Ray told me that Gee doesn't seem as angry as he did before. Maybe that's a good sign."
Alicia nodded, "At least he's talking to Mikey now. Mikey sounded so much better when he told me that Gee had said that he needed him."
Christa stood back to survey her work. The balloons swayed in the breeze. "Gerard needs Monica."
"Yeah." Alicia agreed. "He really does."

"Have a good time." Bob said, "I mean it. Enjoy yourself." He hoped that he wouldn't have to spend another two hours calming Kara down again. It had been horrible listening to Kara cry after her run-in with Monica. He was fairly certain that the other girls wouldn't follow Monica's lead and gang up on Kara but it had been hard to convince her of this. Poor Kara was still reeling over the whole incident.
Gerard, who had just entered the backstage area looked over and Bob. He guessed he must be talking to Kara. After Bob disconnected he asked, "What's Kara up to?"
The first response that came to Bob's mind was 'what the hell is it to you?' but he said instead, "She's at Jamia's baby shower."
"Oh." Gerard said taking a seat beside him. "I didn't realize that was today."
Bob nodded, "Yeah, it's today."
Gerard looked down at the floor, "So I guess everyone is there. I know Mom said she was invited."
Bob realized he was fishing for information. "Everyone but Monica." He said looking over at Gerard. "She isn't going because she doesn't think she's belongs anymore."
"What? That's ridiculous. Of course she belongs." Gerard said quickly.
Bob's eyes narrowed, "Uh, you gotta get that it would be pretty awkward for her. By now most everyone knows you two are broke up."
Gerard was trying to understand what he was feeling. "But she's still friends with everyone."
Bob shook his head. "You are so fucking clueless." he stood and walked away before Gerard could respond.

Frank stood over by the door wishing he could bolt. The room was full of women who were playing some strange game he didn't understand. He shook his head and snuck out the front door intent on having a smoke. He closed the door behind him and turned to see Monica coming up the walkway.
"Hey you." He said happily moving quickly to throw his arms around her.
Monica laughed, "You're squishing my gift."
Frank stepped back, "Oh sorry. I'm just so glad you're here."
"I just wanted to drop off my gift for the babies." She said holding out the large gift bag. She had just come from the shopping mall where she's picked up the matching baby outfits from Hot Topic. Little rock star gear for the Iero twins seemed appropriate.
"You're gonna come in, right?' Frank asked.
Monica hesitated only a moment. "I wanna say hello to everyone." She admitted. Frank took her arm and led her into the house.

"Didn't Alicia try to get Monica to go to the shower?" Gerard asked after he took a seat next to his brother.
Mikey nodded, "Yeah, she was pretty upset when Monica told her she wasn't going. She tried to talk her into it but Monica wouldn't agree."
Gerard admitted to himself that he hated the fact that Monica felt like she didn't belong. Angrily he reminded himself that she really didn't and it was his fault. He sat back and sighed.
"I called Kara earlier." Mikey said softly.
Gerard gave him a surprised look, "Why?"
"To see how Monica is doing." he looked upset.
"What did she say?"
Mikey frowned, "I got the impression that she and Monica had a fight. Kara seemed pretty upset."
"Did you ask Bob?"
Mikey shook his head, "No, Bob's already so fucking worried about Kara I didn't want to upset him anymore. I figure Kara's probably already told him anyway."
"If they did have a fight I'm sure it's cause of me."
Mikey thought a minute. "I don't understand."
"Kara knew I'd hurt Monica and said it lots of times." Gerard reminded him.
"So I still don't get it. Why would that cause them to argue?"
Gerard wasn't really sure but it seemed that everything that was wrong was because of him. "I don't know." He sighed. "I just know that everything is fucked up because of me."
Mikey started to say more but the two minute call came for them to get ready to go on.

Monica sat next to Alicia as they watched Jamia open her gifts. This was such a bittersweet experience for her. Everyone had welcomed her and as she had expected no one had mentioned the breakup. She cared so much for her friends it was hard knowing this would be one of the last times she would gather with them.
"Oh, that's mine." Alicia leaned over and whispered to Monica as they saw Frank hand another gift over to Jamia.
When the guitar shaped diaper bag was revealed everyone laughed.
"Where did you find that?" Monica asked.
"On-line." Alicia told her. "Inside are guitar shaped baby bottles too." She added in a whisper. "I can't wait until my baby shower." Alicia said happily. She was beginning to get over her pregnancy jitters.
Monica smiled but felt her heart breaking. She wouldn't be a part of Alicia's baby shower. She noticed Kara got up and moved towards the kitchen. "Be right back." She told Alicia then stood to follow her daughter.
Kara was standing at the kitchen window looking out.
"Kara." Monica said softly.
"Yeah, Mom?" She answered without turning.
Monica took a deep breath, "I'm sorry."
Slowly Kara turned. "You don't have to say you're sorry."
"I do." Monica took several steps towards her. "I snapped at you and it was wrong of me. You were right about Gerard but I just didn't want to see it."
"Mom, I'm sorry it's turned out this way. I didn't want to be right. I really did want you two to be happy."
Monica closed her eyes a moment to gather her strength. "I've found a furnished townhouse and Kelly, Elle and I are going to move into it."
Kara gave her a shocked look, "You're moving out of the house?"
"It's Gerard's house." Monica said.
"But I know your names on it too. Why move? Fuck, he should just give you the house."
Monica understood her anger. "I don't want anything from him"
"But can you afford to move out? I know when we first came here our funds were getting low" Kara said, "I'm sure Bob and I can help out."
"Honey, don't worry. For now things are fine. I have the insurance money I got from Aunt Carol’s property. I'll get a job. It will be okay." She didn't want Kara to worry about this.
Kara leaned back against the counter, "But what about Elle?"
"I hope he lets me raise her. As it stands legally she's mine right now. Of course if he wants he can take her from me."
"Fuck, that would be messed up." Kara said feeling her anger at Gerard grow. "You love Elle and you promised Liv you would raise her."
Monica sighed, "But if Gee finds someone else and marries he may want her."
Kara bit back the retort that was on the tip of her tongue. She wouldn't say how vile she thought the idea of Gerard taking Elle away from her mother was, she just remained silent.
"This is a beautiful shower." Monica said wanting to change the subject. She knew if she didn't she would cry.
Kara smiled, "Thanks. I'm glad you think so."
"I think you did a wonderful job." Monica said softly.
They stood silently for a moment then both moved towards each other. The hug they shared spoke volumes.
Kara stepped back. "When are you moving?"
"Tomorrow." Monica said wiping away a stray tear. "Don't mention it to anyone, okay?"
"Okay." Kara said, "I'll be over in the morning to help."
"Thank you." Monica said softly.

Alone in her bed Monica went over the events of the day. The shower had been a wonderful memory she would cherish. A beautiful way to remember her friends. The hardest part of the day had been a few hours earlier when she's explained to Kelly and Elle that they were moving. Kelly had been upset and Elle had just been confused. Monica wished with all her heart it didn't have to be this way but there was nothing she could do to change things.
She was surprised when her cell phone rang.
"Hey Mom. I just pulled in the driveway." Kara said.
Monica was shocked, "You're here?" It was after midnight.
"Yeah, I've got a pint of New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream. Thought we could share it."
Monica was touched by her gesture. "Be right there." She slipped down the steps and opened the back door.
Kara walked in with the ice cream and her overnight bag. She explained, "Figured we probably would stay up late eating ice cream and talking."
Monica hugged her, "Sounds like a great plan."
Kara laughed, "Yeah, I mean how could I not want to spend one more night in the Pepto Bismol nightmare."
They settled on the family room sofa with their ice cream. Late into the night they talked together and cried together. Monica realized that this would be her last night in the home she and Gerard had moved into with such high hopes. She realized this and cried even more.
Sign up to rate and review this story