(#) mathiasgranger 2007-12-08Good chapter, and I already can tell this Ginny Weasley will be more trying than the one in canon.
Hopefully she will quiet down and go to the back of the story where she belongs when the diary takes over.
Malfoy being sneaky...well it worked in HBP.
Thanks for writing,
Author's responseI have plans for this Ginny. . . . And I must say, that was a quick review!!
- Smirks......an excellent bit of Malfoy and Snape baiting! I loved seeing how Jason put Snivellous in his place at least for a while. It might not last long, but then Snape baiting is so much fun! On the other hand Snape did realize that Jason was scarier than the "Dark Lord".....will he try to grovel and learn from him? Kissing up is something I could see him doing if he thought it would work, after all. As for Ron it looks like he and Harry will remain friends, but not as close. It's nice how Harry and Hermione are intergrating Neville, Luna, and Ginny into the group as well as making connections with other house students. The political fallout from the Scabbers incident was also interesting, and it was good to see Fudge and his henchtoad get theirs. Pity Crouch Sr. wiggled out, but the whole situation with Crouch Jr. should come out eventually. (evil grin)I also liked seeing Harry use the pureblood rules against Malfoy! That crack to Oliver about Slytherin's team being screwed by the broom bribe was priceless! Now if only Ginny would by a clue.....no matter whether Harry and Hermione just have a deep friendship or one that grows into romance she shouldn't try and come between them. Ah well, no doubt she'll learn. My thanks for another great chapter!
Author's responseAnd just think, there are a couple of Brothers who make Jason look tame! And no, Ginny won't buy a clue. In fact, just the opposite.
As for Harry's baiting of Malfoy, I know I've read something similar somewhere (maybe more than once), but I can't remember where. I do think I gave a scene a different spin from other versions, though, but making the Slytherins think. I know, I know, that's a very uncanon like thing to do!
- Great story so far.
I particularly liked Harry claiming Hermione as family... wonder what practical (and perhaps magical) consequences that will bring in the future.
Ginny isn't possessed here, is she? Anyway, I hope Ginny and Hermione -- and perhaps Harry -- comes to some sort of understanding regarding their relationship, and who has a claim on Harry. Personally I wouldn't mind a threeway (or more -- Luna, and maybe others) relationship, but sense that is not in the card for this story.
Ron seemes more oblivious than usual and seems to be drifting away from Harry and Hermione. Although I loved (and laughted loudly) when Ron was caught after three hours in the kitchen.
Will Harry put that fake Lockhart in his place? I also hope he'll put Snape and the Malfoys in their place.
Keep up the great work.
Author's responseGinny isn't possessed yet, just being slightly drawn back to the diary.
Hary has more to worry about than Lockhart. Gilderoy didn't realize teaching was such hard work, though. As for Snape and Lucius . . . one will be dealt with.
Ron is more oblivious -- Harry and Hermione aren't carrying his lazy butt around as much.
(#) Clell65619 2007-12-08Doc, great story. So, was peter dealt with, or did he scamper off?
I really hate reading your stories, they make my drivel so inadequate by comparison.
Author's responseNonsense, your stories are interesting and lots of fun. And plenty of people loathe my stories.
As for Peter, he is no more. He has passed on. He has gone to meet his Maker, and joined the Choir Invisible. He is an ex-Marauder.
- That was very cool, but I wonder why ginny is suddenly hanging around harry so much when she couldn't even talk to him before. And thanks for letting luna and neville join harry and hermiones' little group while pushing ron into the background ( I hate ron ). And that was a great job you did with snape and I wonder if he will try to suck up to jason now, And thanks for making harry grow some backbone. and the story has just the right amount of attraction between harry and hermione without making them completely in love yet. Now I just had a couble of questions, when the chamber is opened will harry know that he's hearing the basilisk, will the dueling club still happen, will dobby still jinx the bludger in the quidditch match, will harry have to go into the chamber alone or will jason and the others help with their ability to apperate inside hogwarts,will ginny get a clue and leave harry alone, And now that sirius is free when will he contact harry.
Author's responseGinny was hanging around Harry, he just didn't notice. All the questions you ask should be answered by the end of chapter 12
- I'd like you to explain your rationale for Luna sorting into Gryffindor. I am presuming that it's based on her finding friends with the Gryffies, especially (surprise, surprise) Hermione, who may well elect to take the girl under her wing. That leaves one to wonder who she encountered on her first Express ride in canon, when Harry and Ron were off exploring via upper Anglia; or was Ravenclaw the default?
Next chapter, no doubt, some Sirius changes. I wonder if Lockhart has written about encountering a Marauding Grim as yet... Is #12 the Grim's auld place yet?
Author's responseWith Hermione and the Weasleys worried about Ron and Harry being missing, Luna was totally ignored. Yes, Ravenclaw was the default House for her.
- Definitely a delightful bit of Malfoy and Snape baiting, that forced "holiday" has done Harry a world of good and methinks Hermione quite likes what she sees. I don't think Ginny's too happy, though - though, she's got no verifiable claim on him, just her fantasies; I suspect she's going to find herself in for a very rude awakening, even before the diary starts to take her over. I wonder if Harry will notice the nature of the diary as soon as he seems it? Oh, it's definitely too bad Harry didn't get to finish saying Voldie's original name, Ginny might have gotten clued in.
I can see this is going to be quite the interesting year for this new Harry. I do wonder how long Ron is going to remain his best friend, given the way he so easily descends into prat-hood.
Author's responseThanks for noticing the importance of Harry NOT saying the name. Ginny has her little fantasies, and as they are crushed more so than in canon, her good friend tom will comfort her. Ron is Harry's best student male friend, but he has male role models for big brothers and mentors, and is more in tune with Hermione and Luna than with Ron.
- I liked how you handle the qudditch field scene. Much better than canon. Little Ginny is already getting on my nerves. I hope her face freezes like that next time she glares at Hermione. I am curious to see how you make Luna now that she has been sorted into Griffyndor. I hope you push Ron more into the background. I mean he was insenstive to Harry about Hedwig. I mean even if he didn't know at least he could have been a little more symaphatic. At least Luna offered her condoelnces. Keep up the great work.
Author's responseGinny will get what's coming to her, but certainly not from Harry. Draco and Pansy, on the other hand. . . .
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2007-12-08This chapter marked several huge departures from canon, and let me just say that I really like every one of them. Probably my favorites so far are the marginalization of Ron and the slight vilification of Ginny.
Speaking of the youngest Weasley, I have a strong feeling that her fall into the diary will be much worse than in canon. She was ignored in canon, but Harry was still nice to her. In this story it seems as if Harry isn't ignoring her as much, but is keeping her further away from him than Luna, and definitely Hermione. I think that might actually make things worse for her in the long run, and might even result in her death.
Looking forward to more.
Author's responseYes, Ginny will be hit even harder than in canon. It took me almost a week decide on if she survives or not. (nope, not tellin')
Sign up to review this story.