- Oh my, this story is getting better and better with every word I read! I love the crossover, and can't wait to see what other influences that might have on the story, in the future, but your Harry's solution to the Snape-problem was simply inspired! I've always been a fan of a calmly reasoning Harry, and one who has the entire Stark empire behind him will most definitely shake things up in the wizarding world! I'm already looking forward to the next chapter, to see Snape and Dumbledore's reactions to Harry's demands. I'm almost hoping they'll refuse to pay... ;)
Author's response- Thanks
- For the most part, the Marvel characters will show up in emails, a major cameo(s) involving the ministry and a possible pair of Sorta-Kinda Magicy Brit heroes, who happen to be more or less in the neighborhood...
- Gods and little fishes, I love Harry Stark. This boy has got game, and the old boy's club of Hogwarts will never recover!!
*does fangirl dance of squee watching Harry smack down Snape**
Thanks for this, excellent as always!
Author's responseAh, if only I could make the girls dance IRL... She who must be obeyed isn't overly impressed with my 'little stories' unfortunately...
- Glad you liked it.
(#) shawnpickett 2007-12-13Bloody brilliant! The confrontation between Snape and Harry was classic, and we see that we are getting a manipulative, I know best so do what I say and put up with what ever crud I heap on you Dumbledore in this chapter as well. I think you've potentially set the stage for some of Harry's friends to have a "discussion" with Dumbledore and Snape. Ben Grimm could be interesting "It's clobberin' time!" Of course, there are numerous others that could be entertaining as well.
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2007-12-13The confrontation between Harry and Snape was overdone. Snape is excessively childish and Harry is far too in control to be eleven years old. While exceedingly entertaining and fun to read, this chapter lacked anything resembling realism when it comes to the characters' attitudes and behavior.
Sorry if this looks like a flame, it isn't intended to be one. I just thought I'd say that this story has a great deal of potential for originality, and it'd be a shame to see that potential wasted on cliche scenes that are commonplace in time travel fics. Hopefully the next chapter will be a bit more like the first.
Author's response- A bit overdone perhaps (that's part of the fun in combining Superheroing with wizardry) but Snape's behavior wasn't terribly different than the canon events of 'accidentally' destroying potion samples handed in for grading, or the repeated demontratable bias he displayed in pretty much every scene he was in... Is this Harry mature? Sure, probably too much so. At 56 I've only got the slightest memories of my own behavior and attitudes at 11.
- I don't take a review as a flame (excepting of course those lovely 'you suc kill you self' notes)
- Great story so far. I loved how Harry Stark handled Snape, I also love the techsuit and how it responded to Snape's raised wand. I can't wait to see how Dumbles and Snape reacts to Harry's little ultimatum.
Author's response- Thanks
(#) mathiasgranger 2007-12-13Very amusing chapter you've written here. I like how Harry is more assertive and yet also more controlled when dealing with Snape.
A bit of Tony's personality with Harry's makes for a very dangerous enemy. Hopefully Dumbledore and Snape will realize this sooner as opposed to later...
The bit about Dr. Strange was awesome, I am drawn back into my childhood and reading comic books.
Thanks for writing,
Author's response- The Harry vs Snape confrontation has people liking it, or hating it...
- I don't see Dumbles as evil in this fic, manipulative, sure. But Harry doesn't manipulate very well.
- Strange is a fun character, who is going to appear in a cameo in three or four more chapters.
- I see Professer Shit has already gotten himself in a childish little snit. I can't wait to see Harry put the worthless little egomaniac in his place. I look forward to seeing what Dumbledore and Shit's reaction to Harry's conditions will be.
I can't imagine them actually complying with them so I expect to see another confrontation in the near future. This little confrontation certainly isn't the end of it.
One thing Dumbledore needs to be mindful of is that Harry does not think himself worthless and he actually has a support system in place. The idea that Harry will be easily manipulated or used will hopefully be dispelled in his mind and soon. If not, there will be a confronation and I find it extremely unlikely that Dumbledore will emerge unscathed.
Please note that as of these two chapters I am unable to determine if you have an evil manipulative Dumbledore of a manipulative but well intentioned one in this fanfiction. I do hope that Professor Shit meets an unpleasant sticky end, though.
Author's response- Somehow I get the feeling that you don't care for Snape... It's subtle, but does come through.
- I don't know if there will be anymore confrontations between Snape and Harry, more of an armed detante... That and Harry is going to scare the bejeebers out of Severus next chapter.
- I see the point of an AU adventure to be different. A Harry who won't be manipulated or controlled is the point of the story.
- To my mind, being manipulative and being a good guy are not mutually exclusive traits...
Sign up to review this story.